Well things may not be as bad as I thought, I talked to the Clinic nurse where he lives this morning, and apparently is NOT experiencing a new outbreak, but the bad news is that he is experience the neuralgia pain that goes along with it, which he did not have initially. So they have given him a pain medication and I think the main reason he doesn't feel like traveling next week is that he is uncomfortable and just not up for all the socializing and traveling it would take, so maybe by beach week, the medication will have the pain under control and he will be able to join us.

Maria - no its not a recurrent problem, at least so far, he just had his first outbreak about 4 weeks ago. But he is 94 and according to my research and the Clinic Nurse, its not at all unusual at his age. She said the biggest issue is managing the pain, which as I said he was not having until just this week, so if they can get it under control early on, maybe he will start feeling better.

Thanks all for your good wishes, I appreciate your thoughts.


JoAnn