The OW fares to Europe are outrageously expensive; therefore, we will need to book a RT if buying our own air, not buying upgradeable tix, getting FF miles tix or using RSSC's air. The OW from FLL back to CA (SNA for us) won't be bad at all.
Joanna,
Prior to my working at an IHG property, I, too, had similar success with very good rooms and/or upgrading, booking via Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, etc. A pleasant demeanor when dealing with the Front Desk staff is very helpful! In the position I'm now in, I see, very first-hand, how hard those staff members work and the verbal abuses and difficult situations they have to contend with. Genuine kindness and respect go a long way.
🚢 Cruise with your favorite Keene Luxury Travel Staff Member! 💰 5% KLT Reward plus Shipboard Credit available (amount varies per voyage)! 💲 Offering Enhanced KLT Rewards on voyages hosted by Ngaire & Clay!