There was no pareo night on either of our PG cruises, so perhaps this is something they added.
I wore a pareo to dinner the last night of our first cruise. It's my "formal" pareo--black with nice big white flowers, and my newly-purchased mother-of-pearl necklace (which I have not worn since!) Since I have not managed to find a pareo that is long enough to wrap right around me twice the way the Gauguines do it, I just tied it in the middle as I usually do (but with special tying techniques!), and then I pinned the front discreetly so that I wouldn't disgrace myself.
There's another way of wearing it where you just wrap it straight around your body, strapless-style, and then roll the top several times to secure it--this too could be pinned, and then you are safe--unless you laugh too hard and the whole thing falls apart. :ohmy:
Wendy ------ Booked: Uniworld Egypt, 2015 Tauck Amsterdam to Budapest, 2016 Paul Gauguin, Societies & Tuamotus 2016
🚢 Cruise with your favorite Keene Luxury Travel Staff Member! 💰 5% KLT Reward plus Shipboard Credit available (amount varies per voyage)! 💲 Offering Enhanced KLT Rewards on voyages hosted by Ngaire & Clay!