Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 61,958 guests
Newest Members
marg, Matthew_Corps77, JLdB, Obiliro, ConnorWood(41385 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Internet Access on PG #77733 06/05/06 07:10 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
So, when I get on board, where do I go to sign up for whatever internet access packages are offered? I plan to use wireless whenever/wherever available.

Thanks.

Steve

Re: Internet Access on PG #77734 06/05/06 08:12 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
OK, so I should have done a search first. I found this as posted by dsamp578; "Internet cafe had 4 computers for use, $3.95 1x hook up fee then either .35/min as you go or .25/100 min or .20/250 min. Wireless hookup available in internet cafe."

Steve

Re: Internet Access on PG #77735 06/05/06 10:44 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
D
danclem Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
D
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
Hi Steve:

Good information on wireless connectivity. Are you bringing any special digital picture editing software? I threw a copy of Photoshop Elements on my lap top for editing and putting together shows for the friends back home.

Have a great pre-cruise function! Will catch up with you on the PG.

Cheers,

Dan

Re: Internet Access on PG #77736 06/05/06 12:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
I generally just use Kodak (ofoto.com), but have just started converting to PhotoShow. It is much faster in uploading pictures (at least from home) and the slideshows are nicer (with music).

I did a couple of test slideshows with the grandkids and have one ready to go with FP and PG pictures. See if you can get in.

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/gk8QR7VB

See you Sat. evening.

So, when is it you tell the wife? On the way to the airport?

Steve

Re: Internet Access on PG #77737 06/05/06 12:22 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
Here is the link to the FP and PG site (I hope)

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/Rj3nB7iM

Re: Internet Access on PG #77738 06/05/06 04:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
D
danclem Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
D
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
Hi Steve:

Looks great! I can also post to my web site. If you have a chance, check out Microsoft's PhotoStory 3. It is a freebee, and does great shows with digital media and is a snap to use. I am bringing a bit of digital music that may or may not be appropriate!

Cheers and happy travels,

Dan

Re: Internet Access on PG #77739 06/05/06 04:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
Dan, maybe after cruise. I've got too many 'new' things to learn. I decided to downsize my video camera, so went to BestBuy yesterday and got a new miniDV. So instead of reading a book on the plane I will be reading a new manual.

Steve

Re: Internet Access on PG #77740 06/05/06 06:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,512
azgkrudi Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,512
Steve, you know that myself and several others here will be waiting with bated breath for your posts! Any seamail you can give us, we will greatly appreciate! BON VOYAGE!


Kristin

Paul Gauguin's Tere Moana-12/14
Voyager-10/08, 11/10
Navigator-05/07, 5/09, 10/11
Paul Gauguin-6/06, 12/07
Silver Shadow-12/06
Silver Whisper-11/05, 12/04
Silver Wind-4/04
Re: Internet Access on PG #77741 06/06/06 07:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
Desert Hot Springs and the Packers? Must be a Snow Bird...but its the wrong time of the year. I grew up in Hemet and my sister still lives there. 113 the other day...too much for me!!!

Re: Internet Access on PG #77742 06/06/06 08:10 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 135
H
hillorama Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
H
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 135
Would you post your link again for your pix?
You must be leaving like tomorrow or the next day for your pretrip?
Love, Elena

Re: Internet Access on PG #77743 06/07/06 03:40 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
YUP YUP YUP...one more 'get up'.

Of course I always hate the last day at work before a vacation...too many things to do and my brain is already in FP.

Try this link.
http://www.photoshow.net/watch/Rj3nB7iM

We started planning this trip about 1 1/2 years ago. Boy does time fly!

If by chance you are a Drum Corp fan (or enjoy watching the likes of the Cal, SC or UCLA bands) the 2007 International Championships will be held at the Rose Bowl a year from Aug. We WILL be there!!! DCI.org (Drum Corp International)

Re: Internet Access on PG #77744 06/07/06 08:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,512
azgkrudi Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,512
Quote
Originally posted by CalBerry:
Desert Hot Springs and the Packers? Must be a Snow Bird...but its the wrong time of the year. I grew up in Hemet and my sister still lives there. 113 the other day...too much for me!!!
We are year-rounders in DHS, but just moved here. Don't ask it's way too long of a story - we have lived EVERYWHERE - 7 states across 17 years with several moves within these states. But born & raised in Wisconsin and therefore HUGE Packer fans.

You must be SO excited now, Steve - I am SO excited for you! I was telling my husband last night how I can't wait to log in and read your live posts - it will feel like our vacation has started early!


Kristin

Paul Gauguin's Tere Moana-12/14
Voyager-10/08, 11/10
Navigator-05/07, 5/09, 10/11
Paul Gauguin-6/06, 12/07
Silver Shadow-12/06
Silver Whisper-11/05, 12/04
Silver Wind-4/04
Re: Internet Access on PG #77745 06/07/06 09:16 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
Well, I hope I'm able to deliver.

Steve

Re: Internet Access on PG #77746 06/07/06 10:57 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 135
H
hillorama Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
H
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 135
Wow, one day. You have just the best time ever, but leave a little fun for my dh and me! :cool:
Love,
Elena wave

Re: Internet Access on PG #77747 06/07/06 01:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
Less than 24 hrs we should be in the air between LAX and PPT.

Re: Internet Access on PG #77748 06/07/06 01:31 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,859
robert Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,859
Have an awesome time, Steve!


Robert

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.
-Thoreau
Re: Internet Access on PG #77749 06/07/06 01:48 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 65
A
AlmostHoneymooners Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
A
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 65
Steve- Have a fabulous time! If you can find out any of the answers to the questions we posted in the post titled Drinks and other questions We would appreciate the info! We are so Jealous wish we were leaving in a day!


Re: Internet Access on PG #77750 06/07/06 01:48 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
Thanks Robert!

So I wonder what happens to my ticker tomorrow morning! Does it explode in a colorful display to see? Or does it just disappear? Or...ZERO days!!!

Steve

Re: Internet Access on PG #77751 06/07/06 01:53 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 65
A
AlmostHoneymooners Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
A
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 65
Steve- We are so Jealous! Wish we were leaving in one day! If you can find out the answers to any of our questions in the post titled drinks and other questions we would greatly appreciate it! Have a fabulous time!


Re: Internet Access on PG #77752 06/07/06 01:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 65
A
AlmostHoneymooners Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
A
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 65
sorry didn't think the first one posted because computer froze up! sad


Re: Internet Access on PG #77753 06/07/06 02:42 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,859
robert Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,859
Steve -

I think they start counting backward....


Robert

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.
-Thoreau
Re: Internet Access on PG #77754 06/07/06 07:03 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 163
flyerdreamer Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 163
Steve! Have the BEST time! I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to read your posts and see your pictures! Safe travels and inhale a great big gulp of paradise for me.


~Sue

RCCL: Radiance of the Seas (7-day Alaska) 8/04
Princess: Golden Princess (10-day Great Britain) 6/05
Regent: Paul Gauguin (10-day Tahiti) 6/06
RCCL: Brilliance of the Seas (12-day Mediterranean, CC group cruise) 6/07
Re: Internet Access on PG #77755 06/07/06 07:47 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,026
Fogmalkin Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,026
Realizing this allows you a lot of leeway....

Don't do anything I wouldn't do!!!

You two go and live it up! cheer


Suzanne
Re: Internet Access on PG #77756 06/08/06 03:33 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
CalBerry Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 126
Thanks guys (and gals!)

The cab arrives in 58 minutes!

Sue, I will try provide plenty of pictues of ICB and PG so you can have a mini pre-vacation.

And Suzanne...Go Bears!

The ticker is at ZERO!!!!

Steve

Re: Internet Access on PG #77757 06/08/06 06:00 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,079
DenaH Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,079
Looks like I missed you Steve, but I hope you have a great time anyway. I know you will!

:bv:

Dena


Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3