Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
10 registered members (seadog, Yallcruise, Jim B, KarenS, Ngaire, S&K, APEXcruzr, scubadiver, 2 invisible), 123 guests
Newest Members
johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover, MarvinCohen, taxiboeken, YEF(41378 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
On the Navigator! #256392 01/24/23 02:11 PM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser
Just arrived in Key West. Nice day sun is shining. Been MANY years since I have been on this ship having to get reacquainted with the layout. It has been refurbished since we were last onboard (quite a while back as well) and it is much nicer than it had been in the past.

Different feel, more intimate. Had lots of good times on this ship and walking around is bringing back some great memories.

We ordered pins for this trip and a very small group as I had anticipated. THen Clay decided to do the February Carribbean as well and no time to order new pins from China. Taking a ton of time to get them right now. So we had to split the pins. Normally I have about 100 for the crew but now i have about 30. Problem is most of the Explorer crew has moved over here and we know SO many wonderful crew members who love and collect the pins. We are not wearing the pins and the crew we give them to we are requesting they not wear them. I hate this as I love the crew and feel so bad with each crew member we know. Having to play favorites is something I never like to do. They are all great. I have explained of course so the word will get around that I am "lacking in pins" for this trip.

Dinner last night was spectacular one of the best steaks I have ever had on Regent. We sat with Genesis he was one of the waiters that worked in the study when we had the Regent Suite and the guest chef last year. Super nice young man. Don and Carolyn, Cindy and Mark and Ken and I had a wonderful dinner.

This is an 11 day trip that goes deep into the Carribbean and we have not been to these ports for a long time. So looking forward to the ports.

Be back later.

See pictures of our adventures here or follow me on
Pinterest!
Re: On the Navigator! [Re: Ngaire] #256394 01/26/23 02:57 PM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser
So each day I am liking the Navigator more. The food has been truly outstanding. Maybe cooking for less people provides more quality control but it could not have been any better. It said "lamp chops" in Sette Mare last night. I am "fussy" with my lamb. It was lamb rack which is a far superior type of meat. I was a happy camper. T

Two days at sea have been nice and relaxing catching up on things I need to do and have not gotten around to due to travel and little time inbetween trips. We only have 8 guests on this trip it feels strange. Tiny cocktail party last night with a new GM from Crystal, his name is Norbert. He was delightul and friendly it went very nicely.

My daugher Cindy and husband Mark are onboard and it has been nice to spend time with them. We are playing trivia with Don and Debbie and came third yesterday. Some super smart people here who get 15 right everytime. Margaret is our Cruise Director and runs a tight trivia for sure.

Pinterest!
Re: On the Navigator! [Re: Ngaire] #256398 01/31/23 08:28 PM
R
RachelG Offline
cruiser
cruiser
R
I know a lot of people complain about Navigator but I quite like the smaller ship. The upstairs cocktail lounge is one of our favorites. And the coffee connection is nice since they redid it.

Re: On the Navigator! [Re: Ngaire] #256399 02/01/23 08:25 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Tom and I have never had any problem with the Navigator, probably were midship and as I recall food and service didn't disappoint. It's been years since we were on this ship.

I'm happy for you, keep enjoying !

Marcie

Re: On the Navigator! [Re: Ngaire] #256401 02/02/23 11:00 AM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser
Been a really nice trip. This ship is more relaxed than the other ships. Most of the staff we know because they moved a lot of people here from the Explorer. Love how small it is and the food has been great. The basic filet in the Compass Rose has been outstanding. Short tours, just enough time to see the key points and this Southern Caribbean has been really nice. Not so crowded and commercialized. Except Aruba which is very busy. Had best tour guide ever yesterday. Young girl with a huge smile, super happy disposition and just was like talking to us as good friends. Just a 2 hour tour around the island that was absolutely delightful. Had nice sunny, but not hot weather most of the time.

My daughter Cindy, and her husband Mark were with us on this trip. We had dinner with them almost every night which was a very nice experience. They live close but are always busy and we are gone so much, this was pretty special.

Tonight is our last night and we finish up at Prime 7. Veal Chop is definitely in my future. I am home for a long break as we do not leave again until we join the Explorer in Japan. Doing the three day pre so leaving around March 24th. Have tons of doctors appointments, I am doing all the things I should have been doing but been traveling too much. Plus some big projects at the office that need to be tackled.

Pinterest!

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers