Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Ngaire, seadog, DennisK, 1 invisible), 954 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
On board Explorer June 5-19 #255896 06/11/22 07:51 AM
R
RachelG Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
R
Sorry for not posting sooner, but we have been super busy. The first couple of days had long tours each day in Israel. Jerry and Helen, Ngaire and Ken are here with us. The LCT party was last evening, and well attended. We met some new people.
Helen, Ngaire and I won at trivia the first day. I was out on tour the other days until yesterday. Yesterday, we did not do as well. Only missed 3 questions, but there were some perfect scores.

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255898 06/11/22 11:21 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Finally some pictures.

From our balcony in Tel Aviv

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Umbrella roof top in Cyprus.

Free cruise drawing at the cocktail party
Winners were Cliff and Mary, Tom and Mary, Scott and Sister, Jim and Brenda.

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255901 06/12/22 07:53 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Rhodes

The old world and the new world!

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255902 06/12/22 08:03 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Kusadasi

My purchase in Kusadasi

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255903 06/12/22 08:07 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Istanbul.

The new dock in Istanbul. Very modern.

We were here just about three weeks ago so decided to make this port a sea day.

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: Ngaire] #255904 06/13/22 04:25 PM
W
Worldrunner Offline
cruiser
cruiser
W
Love the bag, Ngaire! I will try to go there when we're in Kusadasi in Aug.

Sue

Sue
Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255910 06/15/22 09:41 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
We went Kavala the second time Regent has been to this port. It was a very nice island, very clean and tons of flowering plants. We went to the Roman ruins of Philippi. They were good a theatre and a lot of excavation has taken place and they are still working on it. The area at the entry to the ruins was really nice with lots of chairs and tables under the trees and a nice little restaurant for snacks. I really enjoyed a lime popsical it was yummy. No sorbet to test unfortunately. Over all it was a good tour. The guide talked too much but that is normal and I must admit I usually tune them out after a while.

Next stop Mykonos. Started with a walking tour of Mykonos it was very busy but as beautiful as ever. They have a new area with expensive stores now that I do not remember from past trips. We then did a bus tour of the island, saw a nice monastery (more like a church) I remembered it from past trips. Beautiful beach and far more expensive houses that I remembered. Tender worked fine.

Now in Santorini but as much as we loved it in the past there were too many ships in port and getting back down the cable car would probably have been a zoo. So we stayed onboard and enjoyed the view. Lovely day high of 74 and sunny.

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255913 06/17/22 06:50 AM
R
RachelG Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
R
Ngaire made a good call in staying onboard in Santorini. It was a zoo. Wall to wall people. The views are still nice, but there were way too many ships in port. They should really limit that, or they are just shooting themselves in the foot. People are just going to stay on the ship. It took us 1 hour to get back down on the cable car. George walked in the donkey path, and I should have as it was way faster, though stinky.

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255915 06/17/22 09:31 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Yesterday was a sea day and the water was like glass.

Today we are in Palermo and it is a stunning day, no wind, temperatures in the 80's. We were supposed to go on a wine tour today but one of our clients was on a waitlist and I was told they were way down the waitlist. It was his birthday a few days ago so we popped our tickets in his birthday card. We have done so many wine tours we did not mind at all. In fact we have given away our tickets many times before. We get to travel a lot and have done so many tours so happy to do things like this for our clients. Ken went out for a walk this morning to scope things out and we will probably go into town after lunch.

Last night we had dinner in Sette Mari - just the two of us. We seldom do this but I think we will start to give ourselves one night on each trip like this. I love hosting but it was really nice last night. Sette Mari is usually a place we do not host as some do not like it. We special ordered Veal Chops that they only have once in a while and had a great dinner.

Taylor left on vacation on the 17th and of course the day after she leaves tons of things start happening that I would normally have her handle. So yesterday and probably today as well it is a good thing I am on the ship not on tours as I was incredibly busy yesterday and expect the same thing today. When staff leave you realize how valuable they are!

We had to ship the pins to the Splendor and they show delivered to Copenhagen. So anxious to see those in our cabin on arrival. Before Taylor left on vacation she ordered the pins for SCOTTIE 8/15/22 and TOTEM 9/21/22. Normally it takes about 3 weeks so we are going to start this process much earlier around 2 months or more than we have done in the past.

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255916 06/18/22 03:24 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Jerrys Birthday today. We are looking forward to celebrating with Helen, Jerry, Rachel and George. Pictures will be taken! Amazing how fast this trip has been. Just feel like we got on a few days ago. Two nights in Copenhagen and then off to the Splendor. So looking forward to joining the ship. Bigger group but more nights to have dinners so all should work out well.

Re: On board Explorer June 5-19 [Re: RachelG] #255918 06/19/22 09:33 AM
R
RachelG Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
R
Jerry’s birthday celebration was quite the success last night. During the day, in Sorrento, we went to a farm. They have cows and make fresh mozzarella cheese there as well as ricotta. It was really good, and the lady loved George and had to have her picture taken with him.

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers