|
0 registered members (),
61,958
guests |
|
From Egypt
#26772
04/20/05 05:59 AM
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 9,100
Ngaire
OP
cruiser
|
OP
cruiser
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 9,100 |
just a quick post, too hard to down load any of the posts to read. We have just finished our Nile cruise, seen SO much there is no way to describe it here but it is a WOW experience. We looked at Ken and Rons pictures last night they have some good ones. It is hot here and we are about to board the ship again and only have about 5 minutes to get ready - i just wanted to check in and let you all know I am still alive and kicking. Abu Simbel is a MUST see for anyone that comes here, other point is the planes between places are BIG jets I had no idea that there were so many tourists here. A 40 minute flight and they are air bus planes. Much better than i had expected in many ways. Hope to post from Cairo.
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26773
04/20/05 06:07 AM
|
Joined: Jan 1970
Posts: 15,174
KarenS
Moderator
|
Moderator
Joined: Jan 1970
Posts: 15,174 |
Hi there, world traveller!! It's good to hear from you and I am really looking forward to those pictures! Continue to have a great time and a safe journey home!
Karen Live long and prosper
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26774
04/20/05 06:17 AM
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,868
Betty K
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,868 |
Ngaire, I can't wait for your reports and photos. Enjoy!! Betty 
Betty
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26775
04/20/05 06:31 AM
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,101
Cyndi
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,101 |
Ngaire - you lead such an exciting life. Hope we can hear lots more about Egypt and South Africa while we are on PIP with you!!!
I echo Karen's post - enjoy the rest of your trip and be safe coming home!!
Cyndi 5/21/05 PIP Tahiti - Paul Gauguin 9/18/04 Vancouver to LA - Island Princess 10/9/02 Aust/NZ - Radisson Navigator
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26776
04/20/05 07:05 AM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,271
MarnaLou
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,271 |
Good to hear from you, Ngaire. It sounds like you and Ken are having a great time.
MarnaLou
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26777
04/20/05 07:22 AM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 10,094
petlover
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 10,094 |
Ngaire, I just knew you were going to love Egypt! Isn't it all so amazing!! Continue to enjoy your trip and take lots of pictures.
Marcie
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26779
04/20/05 09:55 AM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,407
Betty
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,407 |
Ngaire I am so happy that you are loving Egypt. Have you had the feeling I did when there was so much you start to get your kings, gods & pharoahs all mixed up? I do wish I had studied more before I went. It really is a great trip and Abu was my favorite stop also. Waiting for your full report.
Betty
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26780
04/20/05 12:41 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,369
Beth
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,369 |
Hi Ngaire,
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear more and see the photos. Eqypt has been on my "to visit" list for many years. Hope I can make plans to visit during the cooler season sometime soon.
Wes, Sounds like some disgruntled/drunk crew who were ready for some shore leave.... and they got it. What a way to finish the World Cruise.
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26781
04/20/05 01:37 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 842
McKeever
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 842 |
Wes or ? What is this about disgruntled/drunk crew? Where is the original post?
none
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26782
04/20/05 01:49 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,967
jhp
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,967 |
McKeever, not sure I understand your question, but I think Wes was merely linking us to a Cruise Critic news article about what happened near the end of the QE 2's World Cruise, and not a message board thread.
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26783
04/20/05 05:31 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,395
southernlady
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,395 |
Ngaire, thanks for taking the time to "check-in". Looks like you've found another fascinating travel destination. Can't wait to see the pictures and read your full report.
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26784
04/20/05 05:50 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,637
Claudia
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,637 |
Nile Princess! have fun.. can't wait for pictures!
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26785
04/21/05 03:39 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 842
McKeever
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 842 |
none
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26786
04/21/05 06:15 AM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,744
pkd
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,744 |
Ngaire, I can't wait to hear your full report and see Ken's photos. Egypt is high on my list of fascinating places I would love to see. Enjoy!
Priscilla
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26787
04/21/05 08:07 AM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,358
Denise
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,358 |
Can't wait to hear the finer details and see the wonderful photos!
This trip is on our wish list, too.
Denise
Retired and loving it!
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26788
04/23/05 04:45 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,115
cruiseluv
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,115 |
Ngaire,
I'm talking to my sister right now and she wants me to send her details of your trip as soon as they're available. Her dream is to go to Egypt!
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26789
04/24/05 09:05 AM
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 281
judy&john
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 281 |
Ngaire, This trip is very much on our minds too. So much to see in this world and we only get one chance a year. Istanbul this year. Maybe the 3rd try will be a charm!
|
|
|
Re: From Egypt
#26790
04/25/05 06:25 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 66
Ms Marie
cruiser
|
cruiser
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 66 |
Ngaire - looking forward to hearing/seeing all the details of your trip to Egypt - I was fortunate to have been stationed in Sinai for almost a year, and travelled extensively to both Egypt & Israel (more so Israel). Lots of phenomenal memories & adventures - am interested to see how much has changed - but thoroughly enjoyed the experience of the vast history & traditions of a very unique lifestyle! I'm truly envious!! :rolleyes:
Ms Marie
|
|
|
|
|
|