Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Ngaire, seadog, Jim B, 1 invisible), 920 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
AMA's New Ship Details #225566 10/19/10 03:50 PM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser
NEW SHIP UPDATE

One of my biggest complaints with river cruising is the size of the cabins and so few public spaces. Looks like these new AMA ships may solve that problem.

We’re happy to report that the new additions to our fleet for 2011 are on track and on schedule! The brand-new 161-passenger AMAVERDE, will debut in the spring, offering a custom design and incredible amenities to match her sister ship, the AMABELLA (2010). Staterooms average 214 square feet, with the majority of them boasting revolutionary “Twin balconies” consisting of a full balcony plus a French balcony. Additionally, the ships feature a range of alternative dining choices, such as an intimate chef’s table restaurant that seats 24 guests and has its own private chef; a wine bar plus two main restaurants serving dinner. Other features include a library with fireplace and a heated swimming pool on the Sun Deck, plus the AMAWATERWAYS exclusive “Infotainment” system, offering complimentary high-speed Internet access, complimentary first-run Hollywood movies and more. As with all the AMAWATERWAYS vessels on the Danube, Rhine, Main and Mosel, AMAVERDE and AMABELLA feature complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship. Contact us for available AMABELLA and AMAVERDE sailing dates in October, November and December 2011.

In Russia, the completely redesigned AMAKATARINA will sail the Russian Waterways from Moscow to St. Petersburg starting May 2011. With 10 cabin categories, 4 suite categories (ranging in size up to 432 sq. ft), and more than 70 percent of her cabins featuring full balconies, the 212-passenger AMAKATARINA is the largest and most luxurious vessel to ever sail the Volga-Baltic waterway. She’ll also feature a conference hall, alternative restaurant, sauna and solarium, continuing the AMAWATERWAYS tradition of innovative luxury on the great waterways of the world.

On the Mekong, the AMALOTUS will join LA MARGUERITE in offering 7-night cruises from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City as part of our “Vietnam, Cambodia and the Riches of the Mekong” program. At 124-passengers, she’ll be the largest and most elegant vessel on this exotic and historic river when she debuts in September 2011. The new, 124-passenger AMALOTUS will feature exquisitely decorated 226 square-foot deluxe staterooms with all the amenities of a fine hotel. All suites and staterooms offer outside accommodations, with more than 82 percent featuring balconies. Junior suites boast an extra spacious 290 square feet of space and suites, at 452 square feet, provide the ultimate in onboard pampering.

Re: AMA's New Ship Details #225567 10/19/10 04:01 PM
cruisinfanatic Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Wow sounds awesome. River cruising is definitely on our list and with these new ships and all the amenities, we will be looking at the itineraries.

JoAnn
Re: AMA's New Ship Details #225568 10/19/10 04:38 PM
sedona Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Can't wait to try out the AMAkatarina in August! And we are looking forward to an LCT trip to the Mekong Delta.

Re: AMA's New Ship Details #225569 10/19/10 07:41 PM
Lee Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Ngaire: I can't remember what ship we're booked on but should we consider changing? The new ships sound so much better. Lee

Re: AMA's New Ship Details #225570 10/30/10 04:23 PM
johnandjudy Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Ngaire, Are you still taking reservations for your Russian river cruise? As you know, we just returned from our oceania cruise to Eygpt & Israel. Does this river cruise offer any Business upgrade? We are low on FF miles and we must upgrade for such a long distance. Also, still interested in Dubai to India or South America. I know we can upgrade for $995 on Regent to Business. Had a wonderful time on our last trip. Another couple, Ken & Mary Woods from Seattle book through Linda at your agency. We went to Cappadocia with them using Ekol. Judy & John

Re: AMA's New Ship Details #225571 10/30/10 05:35 PM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser
Lee - I emailed you regarding the new AMA ships.

Judy: Yes the Russian cruise is open for booking but AMA does not offer any value business air.

Glad you enjoyed Cappadocia still on my wish list.

Re: AMA's New Ship Details #225572 10/30/10 07:18 PM
jhp Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I just looked at AMALotus, this is such a pretty river boat! SO much better than the one for PARIS, which was "nice", except for size my little cabin! Is the Lotus like the Katarina? And that is the one going to the Mekong Delta? I wouldn't do Vietnam on a big cruise ship again. Cities just way too far from the ports with all the traffic. Ngaire, do you think these cruises will be close in to the towns in Vietnam?

Re: AMA's New Ship Details #225573 10/31/10 06:06 AM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser
This is my complaint too Olivia I do not think I could spend more than a week in the current AMA cabins. They are just too small.

AMAKatrina and AMALotus will be very different because they are not built from scratch to the same specifications. However I think the AMAKatrina is going to be wonderful so much space per passenger and larger cabins.

AMA is defiinitely on a trend to bigger cabins and boats with more public space. The new AMA boats in Europe will be far superior. This is going to make them the leader in river cruising that is for sure.

Mary Ellen, Jim, Fred and Pat are doing the Mekong Delta trip and other clients of mine Sharon and Dick did it last year. Sharon and Dick liked it a lot. It looks like an interesting itinerary and should be very close to the sites you are going to visit along the Mekong.

At some point I need to try to fit in checking this trip out. Really tried to make it work in conjunction with a Regent cruise by staying on a shorter time and taking a road transfer back to Saigon but could not get it all together.

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers