Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Ngaire, Jim B, seadog, DennisK, 1 invisible), 921 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LAMB shore excursions #207321 08/08/07 06:28 PM
KarenS Offline OP
OP Offline
I just noticed that LAMB shore excursions are open for booking now!

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207322 08/08/07 06:30 PM
southernlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Thanks, Karen. One more distraction from what I really should be doing!!

Donna

I write about active travel for baby boomers: www.myitchytravelfeet.com
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207323 08/09/07 01:11 AM
J
Journeyman Offline
cruiser
cruiser
J
I've been lurking for some time now and not posted, but I am on this trip and would be interested to hear people's opinions regarding the excursions. I have no doubt that this will be a great trip.
John

John
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207324 08/09/07 03:19 AM
Jim B Online
cruiser
cruiser
John
Welcome aboard.
Please go to roll call and give me your cabin info
and I will put you on the list. :D

Jim

Re: LAMB shore excursions #207325 08/09/07 04:21 AM
KarenS Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi John and welcome!

I am not sure what we will for our Bay of Islands visit, anyone have any suggestions?

We have visited the rest of the islands before so I sort of have an idea what we would like to do.
Rarotonga, the Raro safari by off-road vehicle looks fun and since we don't get there until 3pm, there really isn't much time to do much else.

Bora Bora, I am not sure yet. We have done the snorkel with the sting rays before and while it was exciting, I don't want to tempt fate ;) The Aqua safari where you walk underwater (a little like what Marcie did on her BOB excursion, except she was on underwater scooters) looks fun.

Moorea, we are renting scooters the first day and taking the beautiful drive up to Belvedere.

The second day on Moorea, we will probably to the off road safari again, I think the safaris are a great way to see the island.

Papeete, we had a date with the B&K PGers.

Nuku Hiva, it apprears there is only one excursion listed and I can't remember if there was much else to do there.

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207326 08/09/07 05:27 AM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We've done quite a few of these excursions before. I like the idea of the scooters Karen, even though I've never ridden one before. We will likely do this with you and Mark. Due to Tom's bad back, we best not do the 4 wheel type things.

In Nuka Hiva the Tamure Welcome at Sacred Marae excursion is probably complimentary to the entire ship, it was on the World Cruise. There really is NOTHING else to do there that I'm aware of.

I would probably like to do the underwater walk again, it is a lot of fun if it's like BOB was. Also may rent wave runners (somewhere) but probably independently and not through RSSC.

For those who have never been to the Lagoonatarium or swam with the sting rays, these are lots of fun. The water is so warm, you can't go wrong with any of the snorkling excursions.

Marcie

Re: LAMB shore excursions #207327 08/09/07 05:38 AM
KarenS Offline OP
OP Offline
Marcie, we would probably like to rent wave runners with you!

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207328 08/09/07 05:59 AM
KarenS Offline OP
OP Offline
I was looking online at independent excursions, here is one that is not listed on the Regent selections:

Port Compass excursions

Parasailing over Moorea

Order code: SouthPacific-19

Approx. 1.5 hours

US$ 99

Minimum number of passengers: 2 (Smaller group? Ask us for pricing!)

Parasailing is a great for thrillseekers wanting a bird's eye view of the gorgeous Moorea lagoon as well. Depending on wind conditions, this excursion will be conducted in one of the two bays in Moorea. Float for 10 minutes, up to 600 feet above the spectacular lagoon. The experience will take your breath away!

And here is another one for Moorea:

Helmet

Order code: SouthPacific-10

Approx. 4 hours

Adult: US$ 54 (25% lower than comparable tours offered by ships)
Child: US$ 44

Minimum number of passengers: 5 (Smaller group? Ask us for pricing!)

This tour is not offered by the cruise lines in Moorea. Price comparison above is with a similar helmet diving trip offered by the cruise lines in Bora Bora.

Departures at 8.30am and 1pm. You will be met at the pier and taken by boat to the Sofitel Ia Ora. Helmet diving is a unique experience and truly appreciated by snorkelling lovers. Upon arrival, you are outfitted in a hard helmet, canvas diving suit. As your air is supplied by a pump, you will experience the magic of diving without undergoing certification or undertaking the risks associated with diving. Diving instructors will accompany you in your 35 minute snorkel. While five helmet "divers" explore the underwater world, the other adventurers will be able to relax on Temae Beach at the Sofitel Ia Ora Hotel, widely considered to be located on the best lagoon in Moorea for watersports. Enjoy a view of Tahiti from the beach, whose verdant, cloud-enshrouded mountains seem to climb out of the horizon beyond the reef.

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207329 08/09/07 06:24 AM
Jim B Online
cruiser
cruiser
Good job Karen
Keep looking! :D :app:

Jim

Re: LAMB shore excursions #207330 08/09/07 09:21 AM
southernlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We took this trip in reverse (LA to Sydney) in 2006. My blog discussed our excursions and I'm posting the link here.

Our only regret? Bora, Bora is known as one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world. We wished that our time had been spent in the water rather than on the land. Now we get a chance to make up for that!

Nuka Hiva
http://www.travelblog.org/Australasia/Tahiti/blog-36360.html

Tahiti
http://www.travelblog.org/Australasia/Tahiti/blog-37223.html

Moorea
http://www.travelblog.org/Australasia/Tahiti/Moorea/blog-37422.html

Raiatea
http://www.travelblog.org/Australasia/Tahiti/blog-37551.html

Bora Bora
http://www.travelblog.org/Australasia/Tahiti/blog-37974.html

Bay of Islands
http://www.travelblog.org/Australasia/New-Zealand/North-Island/Bay-of-Islands/blog-39266.html

Auckland
http://www.travelblog.org/Australasia/New-Zealand/North-Island/Auckland/blog-39061.html

All of our excursions were through Regent, except for Auckland where we had a private guide.

Donna

Re: LAMB shore excursions #207331 08/09/07 09:32 AM
KarenS Offline OP
OP Offline
Donna, that was some fun reading and I am now itching to get back to Bora Bora and Moorea!!

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207332 08/16/07 05:46 AM
RPM Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Questions confused I am about to book shore excursions for Lamb and am a wee bit unsure of what I want to do(I'm blonde). So far all That we know is the Cruise boat to Cape Brest in Bay of islands and the helicopter ride in Bora Bora.Really want to do the sunset cruise in Moorea and from there on I have no idea.I just want to do it all!!!! We are both snorklers(x divers)so definatly want to snorkle perhaps the Sting Ray trip in Bora Bora even though we done it a few times in Caymen Islands.How easy is it to hire a car and driver in Moorea or Bora Bora? Are we able to spend a day at one of the beach hotels? Oh and definatly have a drink at Bloody Mary's--OK I know its "touristy" but hey thats what we are there. We're lucky Ray speaks French.a little rusty but better than mine for sure. So if anyone can help us it would be much appreciated. cheer

Pat and Ray
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207333 08/16/07 06:48 AM
KarenS Offline OP
OP Offline
This will be my second time back to the islands and the only advice I can give is what we enjoyed the first time we were there.

We did the stingray excursion and loved it, I have never did the one in Grand Cayman so I can't compare .

We loved the 4x4 in Bora Bora and the Jet ski (I forget what island it was but it was fun!) We also rented scooters in Moorea and that was so much fun we are doing it again this time.'

I remember doing several snorkel trips but I can't remember which islands or which excursion!

In Papeete, we visited the Paul Gauguin house which killed some time ;)

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: LAMB shore excursions #207334 08/28/07 08:54 AM
Jim B Online
cruiser
cruiser
Those that are on the Paul Gauguin will receive the option of two complementary beach days.
1. Tahaa / Motu Mahana
2. Beach day on Bora Bora.

I wonder if the beach day will be offered on our Mariner cruise while in Bora Bora.
Since it required tendering in I was wondering????
Guess the only problem would be snorkle gear aboard the Mariner. Do they have any?

Jim

Re: LAMB shore excursions #207335 08/28/07 09:25 AM
southernlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Jim,
When we were on the Voyager, Capt. Dag arranged an impromptu motu day in Bora Bora. We took our scheduled jeep excrusion instead. Big mistake. Everyone who went reported a fantastic motu day and the video on TV proved it. Jeep safari was ok but we wish that we had cancelled and done the motu. Don't know about snorkeling equipment but with caviar and champagne bars floating in the water, who needs to look at fish? :D .

Wish we could find out if they will be planning one for the Mariner. It makes a difference in our excursion plans.

Donna

Re: LAMB shore excursions #207336 08/28/07 10:11 AM
Jim B Online
cruiser
cruiser
I agree.
Wish we could find out.

Jim

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers