Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 61,958 guests
Newest Members
marg, Matthew_Corps77, JLdB, Obiliro, ConnorWood(41385 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
world clock #124271 09/29/09 12:56 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
X
xrvlcruiser Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
X
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
Does any one have experience with a simple world clock program? I had one which I used for years but it isn't available any more.

Thanks . . Peggy

Re: world clock #124272 09/29/09 01:02 PM
Joined: Jan 1970
Posts: 15,174
KarenS Offline
Moderator
Offline
Moderator
Joined: Jan 1970
Posts: 15,174
I have one on my homepage, you can see some examples

here.


Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: world clock #124273 09/29/09 01:16 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
X
xrvlcruiser Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
X
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
Thanks Karen,

You're amazing! I'll check them out.

Peggy

Re: world clock #124274 09/29/09 01:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
X
xrvlcruiser Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
X
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
looks like FoxClocks will be a good choice . . .

Re: world clock #124275 09/29/09 03:16 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 709
Freddie Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 709
This is the one I've used for the past several years, after having been turned on to it here on LCT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Re: world clock #124276 09/29/09 03:31 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
X
xrvlcruiser Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
X
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
Freddie,

Is this one I can install on my computer? I'd rather have that than one an the internet - more available when I'm on the ship.

LCT: a great source for all sorts of things!

Thanks . . Peggy

Re: world clock #124277 09/29/09 04:04 PM
Joined: Jan 1970
Posts: 15,174
KarenS Offline
Moderator
Offline
Moderator
Joined: Jan 1970
Posts: 15,174
Peggy, how about this one?

World time clock

It's a download but it is freeware.


Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: world clock #124278 09/29/09 05:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 278
larry1365 Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 278
Peggy --

If you know the ships's time and your own computer, you might not need too many other times. That's because your computer will normally have your "home" time in the lower right corner tray (whether you are connected to the Internet or not).

That's how I keep track on the WC of what time it is in NYC and San Diego where our kids are...because the computer always always shows Chicago time and I can do the conversion easily, just like at home, for Eastern and Pacific. Now if you have friends/relatives around the world, then it does get confusing!


Larry

Re: world clock #124279 09/29/09 05:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
X
xrvlcruiser Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
X
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
That works for me . . it does what I need.

You guys are great!

Thanks so much!

Peggy

Re: world clock #124280 09/29/09 05:51 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
X
xrvlcruiser Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
X
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 855
Hi Larry,

Accuset was just one of the programs I've had for years and enjoyed. Also, it keeps me from calling our kids at "unacceptable" hours.

I've always left the computer clock on East Coast time. Hard enough changing our bedside clocks and watches when the time changes.

By the way, the new flat screen TVs do not have the time in nice red numbers which can be seen at night the way the old TVs did. There is a clock in the cabin but not as convenient - at least for night viewing.

See you in San Diego.

Peggy


Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3