Ted...I'm sure Marcie will have a more comprehensive answer to your question about "disconnecting", but I can tell you our experiences during 64 days at sea.
It our case the ship's activities, fellow passengers and crew became our "normal" focus and we worried less and less about what we might have been doing at home.
On an extended cruise you will be looking forward to your next port - especially if you've done research and plan to take advantage of every possible experience.
From past posts, I judge you to be a traveler, not a tourist, so I expect you will have appreciation of the cultures and locations you visit. I think you'll find that your concerns for things at home will be replaced by the new friends and experiences. You'll probably feel sad to leave these things after 100 plus days. The end of long cruises often leaves us feeling that way.
And when you return home you may find it hard to pick up where you've left off - your cruise experience just seems to stay with you for a while. Returning to the "real" world isn't easy.