Pam - I don't know what to advise you. I did a search on Flyertalk and found this "As of April 1, 2006, South African Airways will no longer participate in the SkyMiles program. SkyMiles members have the opportunity to earn miles on South African flights until March 31, 2006. Miles can be redeemed on South African flights until August 31, 2006, and travel must be completed by August 31, 2007." And SAA doesn't show up anymore on http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_to_get_miles/earning_miles_partners/airline_partners/index.jsp .

Particularly for the JNB-ATL flight, what was the flight designated as on your ticket & boarding pass - a SAA flight number or a DL flight number? If it was a DL flight number, I might push DL customer service for credit. If it was a SAA flight number, you probably won't get anywhere with DL and might want to not push the issue since you got the oubound. With an SAA flight number, you can go ahead and get the flight miles credited to either UA or US since they're all in Star Alliance. If you don't plan on flying either of those often, I would advise you put it in US since their miles don't expire where UA's do if there is no activity on the account in 3 years.