Karen, I've tried before. Boston Logan airport has a list of arrivals. I guess most airports do. If you know your departure gate, then find an arrival at that gate an hour or so before before your departure time. Problem with that is your gate may change. So, this method isn't very reliable.
Alice and I were very lucky to make it in yesterday on one of the first flights to arrive in Boston. Our flight from Memphis was cancelled Sunday right. Delta rerouted Alice from Memphis to Atlanta then to Boston on Monday. But, they rerouted me from Memphis to Atlanta to DC to Boston. Then DC to Boston was cancelled and they rerouted me from DC to LGA to Boston. Of course that was going to mean overnight in NYC. Ridiculous. I think that's how it went although every other agent I talked to gave me a different story and the Delta website wouldn't load most of the time. In the meantime, AMEX travel was sending me emails that made no sense. When we checked in at Memphis, an agent at the ticket counter put me on the standby for the Atlanta to Boston flight Alice was on. Within 20 minutes or so, by the time we got through security and wondered around and got to the Delta club, one of my goofy northeast corridor flights was cancelled and I actually got confirmed in first class on ATL-BOS with Alice! We saw at the gate that there were 119 people on the stand by list! I didn't think that flight would go, but it did and everyone clapped when we landed in Boston. Most of those 119 people at the gate on the standby list were not confirmed until Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday even. Not many business travelers in that bunch though. Our gold Delta status saved us. Delta was very good to us yesterday.
But the REALLY cool thing was that we saw Mr. Jimmy Carter in the Delta Club! It was so cool!
Arriving at Logan 12/27/2010:
![[Linked Image]](http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/seadogcg/photo1.jpg)