Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ngaire, seadog, Jim B), 890 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Leopard Hills Part 2. #208492 09/23/08 11:42 PM
Pam Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
It is unrelentingly hot in this room where the computer is, and some of us are off on a shopping expedition this morning, but I need to let Ngaire know that she should be receiving a phone call from Duncan in a while. Unless somebody else spills the beans, he can be the one to tell her our adventure.

Other than that, there was a leopard lounging on Debbie and Russ's verandah while we were out. We saw her headed in this direction, and waited to see who got the visit.

Leopards, leopards, leopards! Elephants, hippo, rhino, lions (so close that Mary Elaine was scared speechless for 45 minutes).

This is such a great group! Within 5 minutes of entering the bar for dinner last night, we discovered an abundance of Scorpios so the night went downhill from there. Debbie's sides were hurting from hearing of some of our escapades.

We LOVE Leopard Hills! We knew we were "home" when we drove over the first tree.

Now I am going to cool off for a few minutes before we are off and running again.

Re: Leopard Hills Part 2. #208493 09/24/08 08:07 PM
robert Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Hi Pam:

Thanks for checking in (again). More please?

Robert

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.
-Thoreau
Re: Leopard Hills Part 2. #208494 09/25/08 01:30 AM
Pam Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
I hope I remember to log out again, or the next message you get from me could be from Debbie or Ralph. It is much, MUCH cooler here today.

The "beans" that I waited to spill is, we found a whole pack of wild dogs yesterday morning, on Leopard Hills property. All indications point to their setting up a home here, but that doesn't help Ngaire who is at Madikwe. According to Duncan, Ngaire is no longer speaking to him and Debbie's job may be shaky. We are all fairly sure that once the initial rage is past, Ngaire will begin to come around. There are adults and babies in the pack; we saw four adults this morning out on a hunt, but they crossed into Singita's property and we couldn't follow.

No exciting elephant charges here, even with some "up close and personal" encounters. We found a hyena den and there was another mother nursing her cub. We saw hippo's out of the water last night, but it was too dark to take pictures. Then they all (five or six of them) RAN back and dived into the water. Mark said he could see something else in the grass, and suddenly a little baby hippo came running out and hopped into the water, too.

The leopard who was lounging on Debbie's verandah yesterday visited the gym this morning. Pictures are reportedly going to be put on the blog. We hear there was an elephant directly behind our verandah early, but the drapes were closed and we didn't see it. There was a kudu grazing at our front door, then it went around to our back "yard".

Re: Leopard Hills Part 2. #208495 09/25/08 05:29 AM
Betty K Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Great report, Pam. I am loving every word. Keep having fun!
cheer

Betty

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]
Re: Leopard Hills Part 2. #208496 09/25/08 09:27 AM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Love it all Pam.........thanks for such a good job of reporting!

Marcie

Re: Leopard Hills Part 2. #208497 09/25/08 09:14 PM
Pam Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
We leave in about 2 1/2 hours, headed home. We will be back here, we love it.

This group is hilarious, we come in from dinner every night hurting because we have laughed so hard. The resident leopard spent the day yesterday hanging out in one of the outdoor showers, after her workout in the gym earlier. We have named her Lola.

Re: Leopard Hills Part 2. #208498 09/26/08 05:25 AM
adrenn Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Pam - Wishing you and Mark a safe trip home. I'm so glad you enjoyed not only the wonders of Africa again, but the companionship of the group. It makes a big difference.

We were simply aghast Ngaire didn't catch the next plane to Leopard Hills when she got the call from Duncan. How is it the wild dogs once again alluded her?

Lola? Ola!

Pleasure, Anne

Re: Leopard Hills Part 2. #208499 09/26/08 06:31 AM
southernlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Safe travels home, Pam. I've enjoyed your reports. Thanks for taking the time to keep us entertained.

Donna

I write about active travel for baby boomers: www.myitchytravelfeet.com

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers