Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 61,958 guests
Newest Members
marg, Matthew_Corps77, JLdB, Obiliro, ConnorWood(41385 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anyone seen Eight Below? #127552 02/19/06 11:52 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 619
K
Kathleen Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
K
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 619
Todd and I went last night. The dogs who played the roles were incredible. They had such expressive faces. And a neat "behind the scenes" story. Several of them were rescue dogs from shelters who now have lives as "animal actors" or sled dogs for bed and breakfasts, etc.

The movie website gives the stories behind each of the canine actors and doubles. Yep, doubles. Apparently some of the main actors were not sled dogs and had doubles actually pulling in their position on the sled. :)

At the end of the movie about 75% of the audience stayed to watch the credits. And I'm happy to report that the dogs got top billing. They rolled the credits for a few of the top stars, then some production folks, then (before the main cast list) was a complete listing of each dog and the real dogs who played the roll.

A few of the dogs in the movie perform in the Animal Actor show at Universal Studios in Florida. So now I'm thinking we might add Universal to our agenda for our late April trip.

Re: Anyone seen Eight Below? #127553 02/19/06 12:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 136
S
sandracruiser Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
S
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 136
Dennis and I just got back from seeing it this a.m. I would highly recommened it. I think we saw Max in another movie a year or so ago, you just can't forget that face!! :) :)


Sandy
Re: Anyone seen Eight Below? #127554 02/19/06 01:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 619
K
Kathleen Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
K
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 619
Sandy,

According to the website, several of them were in Snow Dogs. Bet that's where you saw Max.

Re: Anyone seen Eight Below? #127555 02/19/06 06:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 573
Bette Offline
cruiser
Offline
cruiser
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 573
We saw it on Saturday and both loved it. The show had a terrible write up in the San Francisco paper.I think that the reason people sat through the credits was that their eyes were red from crying and they wanted to gain composure before anyone they knew saw them. I cry in all animal shows My mother used to tell the story of how I sobbed in the Lassie movies when I was a little girl.


Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3