Olivia, the first group from LION is heading to La Residence this morning. We go with another couple for 2 nights tomorrow morning. Hopefully my missing piece of luggage with a couple of connectors and chargers will appear by then so I can continue working on incorporating pictures on the blog I'm doing for this trip.
We chose just have breakfast at La Residence because the restaurants are supposed to be so spectacular (and relatively reasonable). As I said before, I'll try to be pretty detailed. I do think we are having one of the two dinners there, but probably not the multi-course extravaganza.
I can say Birkenhead has been very nice once again. The rooms each have their own charms. The food is been quite good, though we arrived too late for our first dinner. IMO, the appetizers, soups, salad, and desserts have thus far out-shined the main dishes, even though last night one of the selections was rack of lamb, which all our table had (and Ngaire was at another table). The other main selection was a mixed seafood risotto, which a few raved about. Now if the winds would just die down. They were really howling once again during the night, and no matter that most items are secure, there was still a lot of banging.
We may walk at least one way into town today, as we didn't do the shark expedition with some of the group this time (assuming it even went out in these winds); we had done it last time.
----------------
Eugene