The main plus of La Veranda is that the presentation is a bit more detailed, and with less people going through the restaurant you don't have all the servers running around filling water glasses so it feels a bit more special. That being said, the food was so good at the main restaurant (and everywhere) that I didn't feel like I was missing out the days I wasn't at La Veranda.

The menus for each restaurant are available at the information desk each morning to look through.

I also wanted to add that the manager of the main restaurant did a great job of seating people. He would ask if we wanted to dine alone or with others, and for the times we wanted to meet new people and chat he put us with interesting people that made it very enjoyable. Now it may be that we would have gotten along with every single person on the ship famously, but assuming that wasn't the case, after a couple of days the staff got to know peoples' personalities and match folks up well.