Here is my latest results in dealing with Delta, the end result was positive I believe, but the road getting there is so twisted it boggles my brain... Just got back from our Silversea cruise.. I booked Delta from Bos-JFK-NCE, and then return FCO-JFK-BOS, because god forbid I could get direct flights from Boston with award availability, but any way total cost was 250k skymiles per ticket and I was allowed to pick Economy Comfort bulkhead seats for both ways... Called Delta back and changed my flight so we could stay a couple more days in Rome for the previous two days we were staying, even though the award was the same as online I was credited 32,500 miles per ticket because the agent stated the award level went down, so it does pay to pick up the phone sometimes and keep checking... then a week before the flight I called and asked how much to upgrade to Biz class from JFK to NIce and was told 175k miles per ticket one way.... I was like OK, thats crazy... Then I asked how much to upgrade from Rome to Boston, This is when it gets interesting.... I was told 30 cents per ticket yes 30 cents per ticket, which had to be verified with a supervisor and they credited my account another 12,500 miles per ticket, so in the end 160k miles for two tickets one way economy comfort return Biz Elite, in Deltas currency and in my experience it wasnt a bad return for the skypesos..... I have to say the Biz Elite seats we had 1J and 1H Were fantastic, I was totally sprawled out watching movies and napping through the flight..... Always good to be home though...