Keene Luxury Travel

SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08

Posted By: petlover

SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/29/07 06:17 AM

This cruise is really growing so thought I'd do a roll call with the various pre & post cruises.

Please let me know of corrections & cabin #'s.

Some are onboard Before & during SAMBA:
Beth (Beth)#611
Crystal (wishiniwerecruisin)#611
Tina (Tina cc)& Lou
Jan & Fred #837
Peggy (pwolftx) & Jerry #623
Jim (jbittle) & Pat #729

Some are doing GAME the Pre-cruise Safari & Birkenhead:
[Linked Image]
Ngaire & Ken
Marcie (petlover) & Tom
Carla & Frank (FDV72)
Betty (Betty)
Donna (Southernlady) & Alan
Carolyn (Yallcruise) & Don
Cindy(CindyR) & David
Joanna (joannapv) & Tony (Birkenhead Only)
Crystal ( safari only)
Beth ( safari only)
Peggy (pwolftx) & Jerry (Birkenhead only)
Olivia (jhp) (Birkenhead only)
Mike (Michael) & Terri
Jim & Pat (safari only)

SAMBA (boarding in Cape Town 11/21/08 to Rio)
Ngaire & Ken
Marcie (petlover) & Tom #615
Joanna (joannapv)& Tony #617
Betty (Betty) #613
Donna (Southernlady) & Alan #627
Carla & Frank (FDV72)
Carolyn (Yallcruise) & Don #521
Cindy (CindyR) & David #724
Olivia (jhp) "E Gurantee"
Wendy (FandW)& Frank #714
Jim (Jbittle) * Pat #729
Mike (Michael) & Terri #514

Post SAMBA,(continuing Rio to FLL Dec. 4-18)
Joanna (joannapv) & Tony #617
Betty (Betty) #613
Beth (Beth)#611
Tina (Tina cc) & Lou
Jan & Fred #837
Sue & Tom #621
Jim (Jbittle) & Pat #729
Mike (Michael) & Terri #514
Sandee (smbblack) & Brian # 711
Posted By: pwolftx

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/29/07 04:00 PM

Add us to the list--can't remember the cabin number. At this point, we're starting out in Mumbai and going to Rio, but will probably tack on Rio to FLL. We're also going to do Birkenhead (we'll get off the ship in Richard's Bay, fly to Capetown and join you guys for some whale watching!)
Posted By: joannapv

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/29/07 04:06 PM

FINALLY Peggy!!!! We will meet!!! I am so happy cheer
Posted By: Yallcruise

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/29/07 05:18 PM

Add us to the list too. Carolyn(Yallcruise) and Don. We are doing GAME, SAMBA and we just added on Rio to FLL. We are in Suite 521. Wow we do have quite a few signed up for this wonderful adventure.

Carolyn

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/30/07 06:00 AM

Wonderful! Thanks for the updates. This will be a great trip!
Posted By: Beth

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/30/07 01:42 PM

Thanks for starting the roll call, Marcie.

Crystal and I are in cabin 611. Deck 6 starboard is going to be rockin'.

On GAME, we are in room #3 for 2 of the nights while you all are there.

Looks like a great group to cruise/safari with!!!!!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/30/07 02:12 PM

Beth we will see you at Birkenhead???? We are there the 19th and 20th -

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/30/07 04:01 PM

Joanna, Crystal and I will spend the 17th-19th at Madikwe then go to the ship on the 20th. Guess we will just have to wait until the 21st to meet up with you and Tony.....

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/30/07 04:08 PM

I think you told me that info - I misunderstood your post darn it!!! Remember I was the one looking for Mom & Pop places in CPT - now I am at BH - an easy touch
Posted By: wishIwerecruisin

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/01/07 05:06 AM

Thanks for starting this roll call. I am SO looking forward to meeting (and playing with) so many LCTers!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/01/07 05:47 AM

Me too Crystal!!
Posted By: JanG

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/01/07 08:10 AM

Marcie,
Thanks for starting this! our cabin is 837 and you have us in the right categories. We are boarding in Athens and will go all the way to Ft. Lauderdale. Still trying to figure out what we will do about safaris in Africa.

Jan

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/01/07 10:18 AM

Thanks Jan!

Peggy & Jerry, Ardis & Stan are getting off in Richards Bay for safaris and rejoining the ship in Cape Town. We did just the reverse on the World Cruise when we went on safari and it worked fine. Since we're in Cape Town 2 nights it is very doable.
Posted By: southernlady

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/01/07 05:31 PM

Thanks for starting the roll call, Marcie. Alan and I are in cabin 627.

Peggy, I'm looking forward to finally meeting you.

Jan/Fred and Carolyn, glad you are joining us, too.

Love the safari/cruise combination!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/14/07 10:38 AM

With all the flight info talk about ROAR2 lately. Do any of you have any suggestions for SAMBA/GAME flights. Can we use Regent air with stop over for SAMBA first? The BC price from Regent for Cape Town/FLL is $3500pp. Just trying to figure out where to start looking for air. I know it is still early but we need to start planning, 330 days for FF miles will be here before you know it.

Thanks, Carolyn

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/17/07 07:04 AM

Added Cindy & David and Anne & Gary....anymore updates or changes?
Posted By: Betty

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/17/07 07:25 AM

Carolyn - I'm going to be on LAMB when the 330 mark arrives and only have enough miles on Delta. I sure would like to use miles for this trip, but after reading all these amounts that the ROAR2 people are finding, I'm thinking Regent air doesn't look that bad. We would probably be on the same flights if we use Regent.

Editing to add - Marcie sent me this a few weeks ago. It might be an option.
Starting in December 07, fly direct to Dubai, Delhi, Johannesburg, Cairo, etc. from Houston, TX!
Then all we have to figure out is getting from JNB to CPT and then back from FLL. Those 2 flights shouldn't be a big problem.
Edit # 2 - I should have started a new post. :D
Just notice that I'll finally get to met Peggy and Cindy and Anne and espouses. This keeps getting better and better.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/17/07 08:05 AM

Marcie, if you want to add our cabin number to the roll call, we're in 623. We decided to stay on the ship to FLL.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/17/07 08:35 AM

Great Peggy! I'll edit you for the post SAMBA leg with many of us.

Oh Dear....never thought about us being on LAMB when flights become available. I may be VERY thankful for the 9 hours phone time!
Posted By: Betty

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/17/07 08:43 AM

I only get 1 hour of phone time and hate to use it on hold with Delta. And with the days being different, I'll probably call too early or too late. We need Marc, John or Peter to help us.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/18/07 02:19 PM

Updated roll call again...this is growing HUGE! :lct:

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/18/07 05:29 PM

This is shaping up to be quite the LCT party. Beth is right, Deck 6 starboard is indeed going to rock.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/19/07 04:07 AM

Yeah, more LCT'ers. Anne and Gary, Cindy and David, Olivia - can't wait to cruise with you again. And, I get to meet Sherri. I'm so looking forward to this trip.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/19/07 12:14 PM

The GAME/SAMBA roll call is certainly increasing. Looking forward to finally meeting all my online LCT friends in person. :app:
Posted By: Ngaire

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/19/07 04:55 PM

I have only one space left at Madikwe Hills and one room left at Birkenhead House. It did fill up quickly.
Posted By: FandW

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/21/07 12:41 AM

Marcie,
Just catching up with LCT after being "away" for some time!
Please add Frank and Wendy(FandW) for SAMBA and on to FLL. We are in 714. We are port side to help keep her on an even keel!

Look forward to catching up with everyone again!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/21/07 11:37 AM

FandW, Glad you are joining us on SAMBA. Looking forward to meeting you both. Good to have somebody on the port side!!!
Posted By: adrenn

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/21/07 12:29 PM

Gary says he's game for the new new formal night look - the tux top, shorts and tevas - if you are, Frank.

Our best to Wendy

Cheers, Anne
Posted By: FandW

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/22/07 12:18 AM

Anne and Gary,

I am polishing my new Tevas, and practicing the dance routines in preparation for this cruise! Gary, we will have fun!
Look forward meeting again.

Frank.
Posted By: cindyr

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/22/07 05:44 PM

Marcie, We are in room 724!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/31/07 05:17 PM

Dang Marcie, that is one BEAUTIFUL new picture! I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but it is a great picture!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 11/21/07 11:50 AM

Safari - Yes!
We just booked Mateya(Madikwe) with Ngaire from Richard's Bay. !

Jan and Fred

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 11/21/07 12:17 PM

Jan, You'll LOVE Mateya! It was fabulous! Are you also going to Birkenhead for 2 nights?

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 11/22/07 04:46 AM

Marcie,
No, not this time. We will be on the Navigator so will just do the safari from the ship and then back to the ship in Cape Town.

Hoping to do a longer land trip another time. Ngaire says it is a fantastic property and we are looking forward to seeing "wild Africa" for the first time.

Jan

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 11/22/07 04:47 AM

Those coming from Richards Bay dont have time for Birkenhead as well as a game park.

However they do manage to have three days on safari (not so rushed) and still arrive when the ship arrives in Cape Town so they have an overnight and full day in Cape Town as well.

They will all fall in love with South Africa and go back one day and then they can stay at Birkenhead House.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 11/23/07 09:38 AM

Jan, So glad to have you and Fred as flying buddies from Richard's Bay to safari, then to Cape Town. Looking forward to comparing notes about the two camps.
Posted By: Sue&TomInGeorgia

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 12/18/07 03:49 PM

Marcie you can add Tom and I to the roll call from Rio to FLL in Suite 621. Peggy and Jerry you will be our next door neighbors! cheer

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 12/18/07 05:47 PM

Sue, that's wonderful! This is going to be one fun cruise!
I wonder who is in #619?? Must not be an LCTer!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 12/18/07 06:21 PM

Sue, that's great! Will you bring us some ducks?

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 12/18/07 06:26 PM

Hey Peggy I forgot the Aflac ducks for No-Name! :lct:

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 12/18/07 07:08 PM

We'll have to make the 619 residents honorary LCTers so they don't feel left out. That hall is going to rock!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 12/19/07 02:17 PM

Great news, Sue. It will be fun to cruise with you and Tom again. Any chance of Lucky and Mike joining us?

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 12/19/07 03:21 PM

Beth - LOL - they liked the cruise, but not enough to hop onboard for 2 weeks! :eek: :) I wish they would, but they have two kids in college (one in Law School) so you know how that goes...one day they will be empty-nesters like Tom and I and then they will be able to cruise the "seven seas"! :)

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 12/20/07 03:35 PM

Just downloaded Africa by Toto into my iTunes. Getting ready for the Big Continent.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 01/11/08 08:42 AM

We've adjusted our plans. Getting off in Rio instead of FLL. This year's LAMB trip taught me that I love Christmas and don't want to miss the preparations. Need to get back and decorate and host my party. After the fun of GAME and 1/2 of SAMBA, I should be rested. Yeah, right, I'll be way tired from having too much fun.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 01/11/08 11:55 AM

Donna, Though you will be sorely missed on the last leg, I do understand about those holiday preparations. At least we'll have you and Alan on the crossing days to play with!!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 01/11/08 12:45 PM

Donna, you and Alan will be missed but like Beth said....glad we get to have you till Rio !!
P.S. With all your energy, if you have spare time you can come get our house ready for Christmas too! :D

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 01/11/08 01:56 PM

I agree, Donna, Christmas is so special and I remember how lovely your home was from the pixs we shared on LCT - oh well we'll have fun no matter length of trip!! Joanna

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/14/08 05:35 PM

Well we got our yellow fever shots today so we are now ready to go. Has anyone new joined the cruise since our last update?

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/15/08 05:02 PM

Yep, Carolyn, got my yellow fever, Twin Rix (Hep A & B) adult polio and scripts for Malorone, Typhoid and Cipro. Sounds like we are Med Up.

Love the GAME pin. I just saw it!!!!!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/16/08 05:19 AM

Alan and I have one more shot to go in the Hep series. Still need to get yellow fever plus scripts.

Beth, did you go to travel clinic, personal doc or county health dept. for advice on inoculations etc? So far, we've relied on our family physician for the hep shots, and he's told us to go to county health department to see what else we need. I hate this part and have been dragging my feet.
Posted By: Ralph W.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/16/08 06:29 AM

Donna, you may find that your local health department has real expertize in the travel area. Carol and I were quite surprised that at the Long Beach health department there is a very knowledgeable person who we have now seen for two overseas trips.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/16/08 07:25 AM

Donna,

My local health dept was only able to help me with Twin Rix (Hep. A & B) and tetanus.

I looked on the internet for international travel doctors in NC. A travel clinic in Chapel Hill gave me my other shots and prescriptions. When I called them, they asked me were I was going. I had already done my research on what shots I needed for which country.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/16/08 12:35 PM

Donna, we went to Passport Health. They go over all the shots the CDC recommends. Than you say which shots you would like to get. Our doctor recommended we go to them to get the yellow fever as the local doctors do not carry the yellow fever vacine. The only problem is they do not accept insurance. They give you a booklet with all the information you need for types of illness that can come up on a vacation. It was a very professional operation.
Posted By: dfb

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/16/08 01:43 PM

Donna, our county public health department has an international travel dept. that we have been pleased to use. Just out of curiosity, I checked Tucson and you have one too.
http://www.pimahealth.org/immunizations/index.html#travelimmune
Debbie

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/16/08 05:23 PM

Tony went to our small local hospital they have "travel" shots etc - I went to bigger hospital, I use, and it was all handled painlessly - I dreaded it, too, and yet it was piece of cake

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/17/08 05:50 AM

Thanks Ralph, Beth, Yallcruise, Debbie and Joanna for the advice. Now, if I can stay home long enough to get this done I'll be that much closer to being prepared for GAME!

Debbie, you went the extra mile. Thanks a bunch.

Besides helping me with immunization info, you guys have provided information that would make a great blog post. Do you mind if I uses your ideas?

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/17/08 06:20 AM

Donna, Go right ahead. One of my blog posts will discuss pre-cruise medical issues, too. Click on my homepage to see my blog... so far. It's a start.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 08/22/08 05:03 PM

You all just continue to remind me how much I need to THINK ABOUT! You are all so good at planning.....in my next life...........

We are going to our doctor in the next few weeks, will have him do it I guess......
Posted By: smbblack

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/08/08 07:58 AM

Originally posted by petlover:
This cruise is really growing so thought I'd do a roll call ......

Post SAMBA,(continuing Rio to FLL Dec. 4-18)
Joanna (joannapv) & Tony #617
Betty (Betty) #613
Beth (Beth)#611
Tina (Tina cc) & Lou
Jan & Fred #837
Ardis (McKeever) & Stan
Sue & Tom #621
Please add us to the post-SAMBA group:

Sandee(smbblack)& Brian #711

Looking forward to finally meeting a few LCTer's.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/08/08 03:33 PM

We're right under you, in 611. Pound on the floor if we get too noisy :)

I see you're a NoVa neighbor (I live in Alexandria). Look forward to meeting you!
Posted By: jbittle

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/10/08 12:37 PM

we're in 729 from Athens to FLL. Also doing Game from the ship. We'll be at Mataya with Jan & Fred and Martha & Steve.
Jim & Pat
Posted By: Michael

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/10/08 04:05 PM

You can add Mike and Terri to your merry group of travelers. We are on GAME (and we now have our pins to show it), then we are on the Navigator from Cape Town to FLL in #514. We had our shots earlier this week and have just sent off for our Brazil Visa's (that was a chore). All that is left is to pack and go. We can now start getting officially excited.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/10/08 04:10 PM

YEAH Mike and Terri - look forward to meeting you both -
Posted By: jhp

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/10/08 04:41 PM

Eager to meet you and Terri, Michael!

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/10/08 05:12 PM

Hi Mike & Terri, See you at Madikwe. [Linked Image]

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/10/08 07:05 PM

Hi Mike and Terry, we'll be meeting you at Madikwe, too.

I know what you mean about the Brazilian visa. What a pain. I am still filling ours out/hope to mail tomorrow. I have a mental block about filling out forms. Ask me to write a 1,000 word article - no problem. Forms? That's another story.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/11/08 06:54 AM

Welcome Mike & Terri and Sandee & Brian. I just updated the roll call....(page 1 of this thread)

Anyone else let me know if there's changes or mistakes.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 09/11/08 07:03 AM

Thanks, Marcie and welcome to Sandee and Brian and Mike and Terri. Looking forward to seeing everyone, both old friends and new.
Posted By: TedC

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/07/08 09:06 AM

South Africa-bound bargain buyers alert:

Rand is 8.9 as of about 2 pm EST.

It was between 6 and 7 when we were in South Africa two years ago.

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/07/08 04:48 PM

When we were on ROAR it was around 7.7. This makes a HUGE diffence in the cost of your South African trip. I do not understand the rate exchange game but my guess that this is probably due to the change in leadership in South Africa

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/08/08 03:51 AM

Rand this morning 9.2!!!!! All the people on the group I have going in April just paid off. What a deal. I wonder if it is going to go any higher (cant imagine) or start drifting down now.
Posted By: Pam

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/08/08 02:46 PM

Too bad we can't immediately book ROAR3 and lock in the rate, isn't it?

Ngaire, pick yourself up off the floor. I was really kidding.

Somebody get a paper bag, please!
Posted By: McKeever

Re: SAMBA/GAME Roll call Navigator Nov.'08 - 10/17/08 11:43 AM

Stan and I had to cancel due to events here at home. We will definitely be on Ring of Fire.

Ardis
© 2024 Luxury Cruise Talk