Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (Davefr, Ralph W., Ngaire, Yallcruise, Jim B, 1 invisible), 665 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stelios Guide in Athens #255404 12/27/21 01:31 PM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser

This is a post from 2004 - but wanted to revive it as there are now so many posts on guides, this thread is way down the list now. We have sent so many people to this man and he is still as great as we was back in 2004. Just saw him again this year and he is one of the best guides we have ever found.

Ngaire

Found a WONDERFUL person.

Found this good taxi driver coming from the Silver Whisper to the airport.

Stelios Spinoulas

Stelios_spinoulas@hotmail.com
Mobile: 697-651-8378
Fax: 210-4632-152
8 Anakou Street
187 56 Piraeus – Greece.

He lived and worked in the merchant shipping business in the States for years and then moved back to Greece. This is his "retirement job".

Great English. One of his sons was born in the USA and is an American citizen. Can organize more than one taxi and also do tours. He can also get vans to do tours for multiple people. Getting a new Mercedes taxi in January 2009.

Cost was 50 euros for the cab with tip included from the port to the airport which was what everyone was charging with their baggage charges and he was delightful to travel with.

No commission or referral fee for Brown and Keene here you just contact him and make all the arrangements directly. If you want to tell him Brown and Keene or Ngaire sent you that is fine. I would like him to know I am sending him people as I promised, but this is 100% between you and him.

Athens is notorious for rip off artists with taxis. They are all independently owned and operated and can charge what they like. We have had more trouble in Athens than anywhere so nice to have found Stelios He is the "taxi leader" and knows everyone.

Re: Stelios Guide in Athens [Re: Ngaire] #255406 12/27/21 09:17 PM
VayaConJim Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Just wanted to add that based on Ngaire's recommendation we hired Stelios for 3 days around Athens this last November. As Ngaire says, he is great. We thought his rate was very fair. We gave him some general ideas of where we wanted to go and he took it from there.

He is super-knowledgable. When he takes you to a site that has an entrance fee, he isn't licensed to guide inside the venue so he will wait for you to do your tour inside and there he is to pick you up and head to the next place. He also knows some fantastic restaurants. Just be aware he is an energizer bunny-type so make sure to let him know when you want to stop and eat or he just keeps going!

HIs Mercedes car is very clean with no weird smells. It is painted like a taxi but it seems and rides more like a town car.

We also highly recommend him and he is anxious to see more business.

Follow Stacy and Jim at www.vayacongringos.wordpress.com
Re: Stelios Guide in Athens [Re: Ngaire] #255408 12/28/21 12:29 AM
C
Clay&Jenn Offline
cruiser
cruiser
C
Yes, we agree; he is the best!!!

Gave us an excellent tour.

He said, "I'll show you everything...AND MORE!!!"

And he certainly did... Great memories.

Re: Stelios Guide in Athens [Re: Ngaire] #255419 12/29/21 01:33 AM
Mrs. Marc Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We concur…..he is the best. We have used him numerous times and recommended him many times more. I wish we had a “Stelios” in every major city!

Arlene
Adventure before Dementia!

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers