Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us
Who's Online Now
11 registered members (scubadiver, Yallcruise, Ngaire, Ajax, cruisinfanatic, VayaConJim, Jim B, 4 invisible), 150 guests
Newest Members
JourneyFan, Taylor, steffy9000, Texas306, Karan(41368 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mala Mala sighting #253468 07/02/20 07:49 PM
Ralph W. Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Last night June and I watched the latest video from Mala Mala. It was a night sighting of a Serval. Outstanding video of a cat that I have never seen in the wild and would not expect to ever get the chance. Excellent video of a very relaxed Serval. For those that may not know. A Serval is a small member of the cat family. Looks like about 20 to 30 lbs would be my guess. Lovely animal.

Re: Mala Mala sighting [Re: Ralph W.] #253475 07/04/20 09:18 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Mala Mala has it all right now. Tons of Lions, great leopard, buffalo herds are back and now wild dog puppies. Just hope our visit in 2021 the situation is the same. It is nature and it is not constant. We have safaris with very few lions, we have had safari with an over abundance of lions. We have had incredible wild dogs and then not a wild dog in sight. This seems to have been a really good year. Water in the river as well. Sure have missed my annual safari.

See pictures of our adventures here or follow me on
Pinterest!
Re: Mala Mala sighting [Re: Ralph W.] #253540 07/26/20 04:21 AM
S&K Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Many years ago on our first Safari we stayed in a lodge called Tintswalu. Just by chance whilst watching one of the excellent Mala Mala videos, we noticed that Tintswalu were also doing virtual safari game drives.

We have just watched their 21st July morning game drive and would throughly recommend it. Lots of lion cubs - some very young - wild dog puppies, pod of hippos and lots more with a very good commentary by the ranger/guide.

We can’t have the real thing so thankfully these guys are doing such a great job bringing Africa and safari to us.

Sheila and Ken
Re: Mala Mala sighting [Re: Ralph W.] #253541 07/26/20 12:13 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Yes we used Tintswalo twice. Great deck where the elephant came up at lunchtime and the resident Yellow Hornbill would sit by the lunch buffet but not try to take food until we left. Well trained. I think his name was Ferdinand? That has been quite a few years ago. I will go and look for that video. So many great safari memories over the years!

Pinterest!
Re: Mala Mala sighting [Re: S&K] #253542 07/26/20 09:03 PM
D
Davefr Offline
cruiser
cruiser
D
Originally Posted by S&K
Many years ago on our first Safari we stayed in a lodge called Tintswalu. Just by chance whilst watching one of the excellent Mala Mala videos, we noticed that Tintswalu were also doing virtual safari game drives.

We have just watched their 21st July morning game drive and would throughly recommend it. Lots of lion cubs - some very young - wild dog puppies, pod of hippos and lots more with a very good commentary by the ranger/guide.

We can’t have the real thing so thankfully these guys are doing such a great job bringing Africa and safari to us.

Another worthwhile Tintswalo video is from about three weeks ago. It features lots of lion cubs and wild dog pups and includes the magnificent male lion they call the Red Road Male and well as a Sable at the end for good measure. To find it on You Tube, search for "Tintswalo #86" or "A Once in a Lifetime Wild Dog Sighting."

Dave
Re: Mala Mala sighting [Re: Ralph W.] #253543 07/26/20 11:42 PM
S&K Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Dave...yes I have seen that one, it was very good. These guys are really doing a great job with their video safaris.

Sheila and Ken
Re: Mala Mala sighting [Re: Ralph W.] #253544 07/27/20 11:28 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
They have to keep driving or the animals become less habituated. So this is a great idea - keep the animals used to the vehicles and remind everyone how great safaris can be so we all want to go back.

Pinterest!

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers