Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us
Who's Online Now
16 registered members (S&K, Jim B, Ajax, Ms Understood, Ngaire, scubadiver, Yallcruise, VayaConJim, Kandy_Dipprey, Davefr, steffy9000, petlover, APEXcruzr, 3 invisible), 124 guests
Newest Members
Texas306, Karan, Kandy_Dipprey, ushasethi, Doris_Welsh(41365 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Silversea cancelled cruise #253421 06/16/20 07:53 PM
L
Libbymazer Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
L
It seems as no 2022 trips on the Cloud... all have been cancelled. Any insights? Thanks

We just got notice 2/24/22 Ushuaia to Capetown is cancelled

Re: Silversea cancelled cruise [Re: Libbymazer] #253424 06/17/20 01:47 PM
seadog Offline
cruiser
cruiser
This morning I got an email notice of cancellation of a Sliver Cloud cruise I wasn't even booked on! LOL!
Dear Esteemed Guest,

I am writing to inform you with great regret that, due to operational reasons, Silversea has had to cancel your booked cruise, departing March 17th, 2022, aboard Silver Cloud.

We looked into booking that in January when we were on the Cloud in Antarctica. We discussed with the on board cruise consultant, but we didn't actually book it.

Kim
Re: Silversea cancelled cruise [Re: seadog] #253425 06/17/20 01:52 PM
Marc Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Originally Posted by seadog
This morning I got an email notice of cancellation of a Sliver Cloud cruise I wasn't even booked on! LOL!
Dear Esteemed Guest,

I am writing to inform you with great regret that, due to operational reasons, Silversea has had to cancel your booked cruise, departing March 17th, 2022, aboard Silver Cloud.

We looked into booking that in January when we were on the Cloud in Antarctica. We discussed with the on board cruise consultant, but we didn't actually book it.

Kim, maybe they will refund you the deposit you never paid. thumbsup

Re: Silversea cancelled cruise [Re: Libbymazer] #253426 06/17/20 02:43 PM
L
Libbymazer Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
L
Some other folks just found out that these voyages, booked 6 months ago, have been bumped for a world cruise. You can’t tell me that they didn’t know this in Dec when they took my money? The trip is 2 years away and they are only giving us two years to use the FCC. We’d like the same cruise in 2023 or the same cruise in 2022 but no other option for FCC was offered. Bad form.

“Dear Esteemed Guest,

I am writing to inform you with great regret that, due to operational reasons, Silversea has had to cancel your booked cruise, departing February 24th, 2022, aboard Silver Cloud. We are deeply sorry to have to cancel a trip you were surely looking forward to.

As compensation, you will receive a 110% Future Cruise Credit* (FCC) to be used within 2 (two) years of issuance date. I hope this provides you with the opportunity to enhance your future cruise by choosing a longer itinerary or by upgrading your stateroom category. Plus, as an added benefit of selecting a Future Cruise Credit, Venetian Society members will accumulate cruise days on the cancelled voyage, as well as on the new voyage.^^

Furthermore, Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied on more than one new booking.*

If you decide to forego the Future Cruise Credit, a cash refund^ option is also available. Please check the terms and conditions.**

IMPORTANT: If you booked your Silversea Cruise as part of a wider package with a Tour Operator or Travel Agency, then please refer to them for the full terms and conditions of your overall package. The above-mentioned conditions may not apply.

Please contact your Travel Agency/Tour Operator to claim your Future Cruise Credit. They will receive it from Silversea in the next 15 days.

We are deeply sorry to have to cancel a trip you were surely looking forward to and hope to welcome you aboard soon, when the situation is right to sail again.

Best personal regards,

BARBARA MUCKERMANN
Chief Marketing Officer”

Re: Silversea cancelled cruise [Re: Libbymazer] #253427 06/17/20 03:04 PM
seadog Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Well, there is a whole new world of things that were not known back in December. But, Silversea decided to use the Cloud for a World Cruise in 2022 and therefore is cancelling the itineraries that were planned for the Cloud? Is that the story here?

Kim
Re: Silversea cancelled cruise [Re: Libbymazer] #253429 06/17/20 04:25 PM
L
Libbymazer Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
L
That is what Silversea verbally told a few of us. But the email does not confirm this. We are surprised that we were not offered this leg, though, if that were the case.

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers