Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us
Who's Online Now
21 registered members (S&K, APEXcruzr, Davefr, Mrs. Marc, Ngaire, cruisinfanatic, seadog, msbp, Ajax, Yallcruise, Freddie, adrenn, scubadiver, Tom G, Jim B, msmillie, KarenS, 4 invisible), 460 guests
Newest Members
ushasethi, Doris_Welsh, Frisco, Cliff_Baggett, Nick7Magg(41362 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Silver Explorer and Silver Shadow Positive for Virus #252762 03/15/20 01:58 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Silver Explorer in Chile and Silver Shadow in Recife Brazil have both had passengers removed who subsequently tested positive for virus. Silver Shadow had a second person removed whose test has not come back. Both ships being held hostage (i.e., can't go anywhere) and passengers primarily confined to cabins. Good threads on both ships on CC.

I am sure glad that Regent is disembarking passengers as quickly as possible to try to avoid such a situation arising. Godspeed to Mariner as last ship with passengers.

Marc

edited to add: Brazil will now not let Silver Shadow passengers get out of their cabins. Moss Hills is CD on Silver Shadow.

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

Re: Silver Explorer and Silver Shadow Positive for Virus [Re: Marc] #252781 03/16/20 02:45 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Report from Silver Explorer:

After a long trip out to open ocean to replenish water, we are headed back inside —to a port unknown. We have learned that the folks who departed yesterday were 4 passengers and 1 crew. No updates on their condition.

The most startling news is that the village of Tortel , where the ill patient disembarked, is now under quarantine for 14 days. My Spanish is very limited but that’s what I was able to glean from local press. I am so sorry that this has happened.

I also read that Chile has forbidden cruise ships to dock. If we stay at anchor, we will have to repeat our water gathering trip every two days (if I understood the captain correctly). That’s a long trip that could really get old! On the bright side, maybe the big seas will cut down our food consumption.

I am surprised no response from CLIA and no mention on Seatrade site. Also limited US press. I cannot imagine being confined in those small Silver Explorer cabins.

Marc

Horace

Re: Silver Explorer and Silver Shadow Positive for Virus [Re: Marc] #252791 03/18/20 02:33 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
One person's viewpoint from the Silver Shadow:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020...laide-passenger-stranded/12066270?pfm=sm

Reports from those reporting on CC aren't quite as negative.

Marc

Horace

Re: Silver Explorer and Silver Shadow Positive for Virus [Re: Marc] #252792 03/18/20 03:05 PM
Ms Understood Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I saw a report on the local news from a So Cal couple stuck on Oceania Marina in So America. Apparently no one onboard is sick but no ports are allowing them to dock. I guess it’s some comfort that with no one sick they are free to wander about the ship. I got an email today from Mala Mala that they are closing.
———————
Helen

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers