Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Ngaire, seadog, DennisK, 1 invisible), 957 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252625 02/22/20 05:51 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Shore excursions are being worked on. Although the itinerary was posted, all the ports aren't confirmed. The Destinations staff here and in Miami are working overtime on setting things up. The excursion list likely won't get finalized until just before Sydney and won't be posted for on-line booking. You'll have to fill in forms and hope or join the queue to get the ones you want. FYI, if there is one for Cape Le Grande National Park in Esperance, get on that one.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252651 02/26/20 11:03 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
New shore excursions for our itinerary change in South Australia are out, but only for booking on board. Regent is offering some good pricing for the next segment Sydney to Fremantle.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252657 02/27/20 07:03 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Note from a friend on Crystal Serenity:
Crystal is now canceling all new pax for the next 3 segments. And any pax for next segment will be forced to be debark now in Sydney instead of Bali. All the full voyagers are getting unhappy (and scared). By the time ship reaches Dubai 2/3 of pax will be gone and only 320 will remain. A ghost ship. This is a gigantic mess.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252660 02/27/20 11:18 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Jim, any word from Regent on future? Four ships in Europe this summer is too many; have you heard of new itineraries?

Marc

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252666 02/28/20 07:43 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
No new itineraries announced so far. The Voyager is idle for 6 weeks. Unconfirmed rumor that Explorer will be idle for quite a while, but haven't seen any anything in print of confirmation from staff. It appears that Regent is cancelling all Asian cruises and the ships will go back to their original itineraries once in safe areas (if there are any by then.) We hope the virus in Italy stays concentrated in the north - we want the KLT group with us from Rome. I'll post if I hear anything definitive.
Jim

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252667 02/28/20 08:03 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Jim, interesting that Explorer might be the one parked since she is doing British Isles and Baltic with just a bit of Med on both ends. I wonder if they would keep her in the Caribbean until they see what Asia is going to look like next year. If they are going to cancel the transatlantic they probably will do it quite soon.

Say hi to Pat; have a great time on south coast of Australia; it is sure beautiful.

Marc

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252672 02/29/20 02:37 AM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Level 3 travel warning for Italy

and

Regent updated the corona advisory on their website

and

didn't mention anything about Italy

or

the updated final payment/cancellation policy.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252693 03/05/20 08:01 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
The Mystery Cruise continues. It is reported in Cruise Critic that Sri Lanka won't allow ANY cruise passengers or crew off the ships. They can dock for fuel and supplies only. Sri Lanka is supposed to be our destination on March 26 after 7 days at sea from Fremantle. No announcements on the Mariner yet, but we wonder where we'll be visiting. We'll keep you posted.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252697 03/05/20 11:27 PM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We also heard unsubstantiated rumors that we will likely not be stopping at India ports and that some of the crew may be sent home early because of the low numbers of guests onboard. No telling what might happen - maybe this will become the cruise to nowhere and we just sail around on the open sea! As long as they keep the supplies coming, we are in for the duration, even if we stay at sea.

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252698 03/06/20 01:23 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
This is an unprecedented situation. Massive world disruption in so many ways. You always have the right attitude Cindy as long as the food and drink lasts - life is good! We are supposed to join you in Rome ??? I would hate to be in the corporate offices of the cruise lines right now. Bad enough on this side of the desk and we do not have to make any of these complicated decisions.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252699 03/06/20 02:25 AM
Pam Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I saw something on one of the discussion boards about canceling up to 30 days out? I wouldn't be canceling, but made final payment the day before final payments were extended.

I checked, and I seem to have fallen off the Keene email list.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252700 03/06/20 03:34 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Our focus was on the clients on the EXP200403 as today was the very last day to take this new offer that was just announced last night. We had to focus on that cruise today. We also did sailings up to April 16th so they would be advised as well.

Your sailing is not until June 24th so you can cancel anytime between now and 30 days before that date May 23 and get a future Cruise credit for 100% of your fare.

There is no rush to cancel when everything can change by May 23rd best to wait to just before that 30 day window.

There might be a good offer on your cruise that you will miss if you cancel and you are totally covered with the FCC refund up to 30 days before.

You are on the list just not mailed on this situation as it was limited to those it affected right now.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252701 03/06/20 07:30 AM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Current occupancy onboard the Mariner is 432 and it could be lower after Fremantle. Capt Ubaldo says that The Puzzle Palace in Miami hasn't told him anything about our future itinerary. He's instructed his staff to keep us filled with fuel & food (Ricky is bringing on lots of Aussie wine & beer.) Fortunately Australia is a great place to load meat, fish, fruit & veggies. We'll post the moment we get any news.
Jim

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252702 03/06/20 01:15 PM
Pam Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Like I said, it would take a lot to cause us to cancel this trip. We can't wait!

I just used to get periodic emails.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252703 03/07/20 01:58 AM
VayaConJim Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I just got notification all Italian ports are cancelled and we are headed for Athens. Opa!

Follow Stacy and Jim at www.vayacongringos.wordpress.com
Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: VayaConJim] #252704 03/07/20 02:07 AM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Originally Posted by VayaConJim
I just got notification all Italian ports are cancelled and we are headed for Athens. Opa!

Mariner? Voyager?

edited to add: See that both Mariner and Voyager have been changed to Athens with lots of Greek ports replacing Italian ports. Still no change to later Splendor cruises; of course, they are a month later and this might all be ancient history by then.

Marc

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252705 03/07/20 06:12 AM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Sri Lanka is cancelled and we'll have 8 sea days from Fremantle and have an overnight in Kochin.

New itinerary is posted on RSSC for:
Abu Dhabi to Athens (Piraeus) EMPIRES OF RICHES 21 Nights Departs Apr 08, 2020 Seven Seas Mariner
https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR200...PQL288n_f8Qeaw0svwxH-JtagOEzcT7Dh83nLYmM

Italy is cancelled and new European ports are being worked on.
https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR200429/summary
Will Ngaire still have a hosted segment? Hope to see all the KLT folks in Europe.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252706 03/07/20 06:28 AM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We like the new itinerary! Haven't been to Istanbul or Bozcaada before.

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: lonestarlady] #252707 03/07/20 12:58 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Originally Posted by lonestarlady
We like the new itinerary! Haven't been to Istanbul or Bozcaada before.

Cindy, you have a fantastic itinerary: Aqaba, Luxor, Israel, Istanbul, and Athens. May I recommend tour to Job's tomb in Salalah; not that impressive but it was something off my bucket list.

Marc

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252708 03/07/20 04:38 PM
J
JanR Offline
cruiser
cruiser
J
Ughhh...

My wife and I are on (????) the 4 June Rome-Israel-Barcelona cruise on the Splendor.

We came across this news.
"[Israeli] travelers from the following locations must be placed under a 14-day home quarantine: Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, mainland China (including Hong Kong and Macau), South Korea, Japan, Thailand and Singapore...Because tourists cannot comply with a self-quarantine, at-home plan, the best solution is to keep them from entering the country unless they can prove that they have a place in which to stay in Israel, Mor-Yosef said.” https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/16th-Israeli-diagnosed-with-coronavirus-619908

With Italy out of the mix (at least right now), and Israel becoming very difficult to do if the ship goes to any of the above countries, how many Regent ships can operate out of Europe? With every other cruise line having the same constraints, I imagine possible ports will be extremely busy if not full. Can Regent send all of their scheduled ships to Europe for the Spring season? What other options are there? The Splendor is headed right now for San Diego (unless I'm mistaken)...is there any chance they would stay in the western hemisphere--South America (more wishful thinking than careful analysis)?

As the newest ship, I can't see them having the Slendor sit idle, would they?

Our situation is that none of the itineraries for 2020-2021 under FCC are either workable with our schedule or have enough interest. Israel was the #1 reason we chose this itinerary. Fortunately, we have cancel-for-an-reason travel insurance so we can make our decision very close to the proposed sailing time--but be out 25% of the non-refundable charges. Not what we would want to do, but right now, I see no reason to make any decisions until the last moment...although air fare will probably be more problematic (we chose the self-booking option).

Thoughts?

RSSC-PG: 2 Laps of Tahiti (B2B)2005
RSSC-Voyager: Barcelona-Rome 2007
NCL-Spirit: NY-Bahamas-NY 2008

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: JanR] #252709 03/07/20 05:09 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
deleted

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252710 03/07/20 08:14 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Our Exec Concierge is from Turkey and she says Bozcaada is an island resort and very similar to Mykonos. It should be fun.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252712 03/07/20 11:12 PM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Thanks Marc.

We did Job’s tomb last time we were in Salalah and enjoyed it. We have done Petra so signed up for Wadi Rum in Aqaba. We are signed up for a one night overland to Luxor – I hope it happens - this is one on our bucket list. We have been to most of the sights in Israel as well, but had signed up for an overland which included the Dead Sea (haven’t been there yet). Not sure this one will happen, but a lot can change between now and then.

Any suggestions for Istanbul? We have not been there before.

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: JanR] #252713 03/08/20 12:21 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Responding to JAN R

June 4 is under the new guidelines.

"For all voyages embarking through September 30, 2020, guests who have paid in full have the option to cancel up to 48 hours prior to sailing and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to any new booking within one year on any Regent voyage sailing between now and December 31, 2022"

Extended to sailings until the end of 2022. So all those itineraries are not out yet. There may be one that suits you perfectly. Plus you will not need to use your insurance since you will get an FCC for the amount paid. You can cancel that insurance and get a credit to transfer it to another trip. Sometimes with a full FCC they even refund the money to your credit card.

So you have good options here.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252714 03/08/20 02:49 AM
Yallcruise Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Ngaire, thanks for explaining that. I was a little confused.
Carolyn

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: jbittle] #252717 03/08/20 04:15 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Originally Posted by jbittle
Sri Lanka is cancelled and we'll have 8 sea days from Fremantle and have an overnight in Kochin.

New itinerary is posted on RSSC for:
Abu Dhabi to Athens (Piraeus) EMPIRES OF RICHES 21 Nights Departs Apr 08, 2020 Seven Seas Mariner
https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR200...PQL288n_f8Qeaw0svwxH-JtagOEzcT7Dh83nLYmM

Italy is cancelled and new European ports are being worked on.
https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR200429/summary
Will Ngaire still have a hosted segment? Hope to see all the KLT folks in Europe.

Jim, looks like confirmation of no stops in India:

Coronavirus: Mangaluru port denies entry to cruise vessel MSC LIRICA
Read more At:
https://www.aninews.in/news/nationa...-cruise-vessel-msc-lirica20200308211753/

Maybe you can stop in Diego Garcia instead.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252718 03/08/20 08:25 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Thanks for the heads up Marc. Nothing mentioned so far on the ship but I'll post if we hear anything. Ngaire is joining in Athens (if we get there) and we hope many more KLT folks will join.
Jim

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252719 03/08/20 08:52 PM
Tom G Offline
cruiser
cruiser
The US State Department is now advising all Americans not to travel on cruise ships.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...i0KWQBSaZ4heDniggmxR3kBR6e2EgWiKr6B0EseM

Passengers on Cruise Ships

U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship. CDC notes increased risk of infection of COVID-19 in a cruise ship environment. In order to curb the spread of COVID-19, many countries have implemented strict screening procedures that have denied port entry rights to ships and prevented passengers from disembarking. In some cases, local authorities have permitted disembarkation but subjected passengers to local quarantine procedures. While the U.S. government has evacuated some cruise ship passengers in recent weeks, repatriation flights should not be relied upon as an option for U.S. citizens under the potential risk of quarantine by local authorities.

This is a fluid situation. CDC notes that older adults and travelers with underlying health issues should avoid situations that put them at increased risk for more severe disease. This entails avoiding crowded places, avoiding non-essential travel such as long plane trips, and especially avoiding embarking on cruise ships. Passengers with plans to travel by cruise ship should contact their cruise line companies directly for further information and continue to monitor the Travel.state.gov website and see the latest information from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/index.html.

Downloadable PDF card to take with you while you travel.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: jbittle] #252721 03/08/20 10:14 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Originally Posted by jbittle
Thanks for the heads up Marc. Nothing mentioned so far on the ship but I'll post if we hear anything. Ngaire is joining in Athens (if we get there) and we hope many more KLT folks will join.
Jim

Jim, probably not going into Israel either. But some good news; no cases in Syria.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252722 03/09/20 05:54 AM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Capt Ubaldo heard from Indian staff on board about the Indian ports closing. During his noon announcement he said that we know as much as he does - all from the internet. The Puzzle Palace in Miami is "looking into the situation" but so far no directions on what's next. We still have 10 days in Australia so no worries yet. The Mystery Cruise continues.
Jim

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252723 03/10/20 06:16 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
This sure has turned into a mystery cruise. Hopefully there'll be some new ports for you two. I guess all cruise lines are having to make adjustments with day to day updates. Everyone just needs to roll with the tide.

Marcie

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252724 03/10/20 08:47 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Although there has been no hint of disease on board, the entire NCLH fleet has instituted strong sanitary procedures. Only staff can handle tongs to serve food from buffets, operate the coffee machines etc. It slows things down a bit, but we're coping and smiling. Still no word on where we'll go after Fremantle, but we still have 8 days before we're done there. Most of the World Cruisers want to return home by ship and NOT fly regardless of the itinerary. This sentiment has been conveyed to FDR. Weather in South Australia has been very nice and life is good.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252725 03/11/20 02:01 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Those things can be a bit annoying but probably good policies to make it safer for everyone. Are they using paper menus? I loved that when I was on a code red ship. The menus are so cumbersome loved the plain paper new menu for each person.

Tonight on the TV update on the Coronavirus I heard the cruise lines and the CDC got together to come up with plans to do all possible to handle the situation. The best news was if anyone is sick the cruise lines will pay to airlift that person to shore for treatment. That is a good plan! I thought about it listening to that broadcast there are so many ships floating around the world and only two ships have had the coronavirus on board that has been reported. I feel certain is there was another with our media we would have heard about it.

Looking forward to boarding on March 14 - the Splendor it is Splendid!! Spent four days on the ship and cannot wait to go back.

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252726 03/11/20 06:40 AM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
They are not doing paper menus yet, and have not seen any special cleaning between guests. It would be so easy for them to do - just take the printed menus out of the big clunky covers,or better yet, just print them out on 8 1/2 x 11 paper - none of us would mind. Being a retired nurse, I do see a few holes in the infection control practices. Yesterday they took all the ketchup, mustard and mayo dispensers off the tables at the pool grill so you have to be served those condiments, but they left the salt and pepper shakers on the table? Also noticed some crew wearing gloves when interacting with passengers (like tender crew), but that is not going to help if they don't change gloves frequently. I think wearing gloves gives people a false sense of security - better off trying to disinfect your hands as often as possible, but that's hard to do when assisting passengers on and off the tenders. But at least they are trying, and I applaud them for that.

We were at Kangaroo Island this morning, and the friendly Aussies continue to welcome us with open arms. Still lot's up in the air for us and the crew - some are scheduled to go home from Fremantle but they are worried they might be extended if they can't get replacement crew to the ship.

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252727 03/11/20 12:36 PM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252728 03/12/20 02:00 AM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
New itinerary is out, but many ports are yet to be confirmed. 9 days to Seychelles, Mauritius, 4 one day stops in South Africa 3 days in Namibia, St. Helena, 6 sea days to Uruguay, Buenos Aires, 5 days in Brazil including an overnight in Rio, Devil's Island, Grenada, Barbados, Antigua, St Barts, San Juan and Miami as originally scheduled on May 17. It is all very similar to 2018 World Cruise. Regent is being very generous pro-rata on both refund and future cruise credit on 2 portions of the altered cruise. We're very happy. It looks like several folks will bail out, but we'll enjoy a reduced population cruise.
Jim

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252729 03/12/20 02:26 AM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Jim itinerary sounds fantastic! Regent making lemonade out of lemons. I asked Arlene about flying to Perth to join the ship but she said no.

Have fun and keep the reports coming.

Marc

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252730 03/12/20 03:42 AM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Tell Arlene you are coming even if she doesn't and I bet she will join you. We'd love to see you two.
Several World Cruisers are considering bailing and we could have a fairly empty ship. I imagine they are offering great pricing so you should consider joining us. Remember, we're a day ahead on the calendar if you do decide to fly to Perth.
Jim

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252731 03/12/20 04:11 AM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We love the new itinerary! We are in!

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

Re: Regent Forbidding Boarding Any Ship Anywhere If You have Fever? [Re: Marc] #252740 03/13/20 08:52 AM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Packed Town Hall meeting this morning.

Although lot's of folks seemed to be asking questions about reimbursement if they cancelled and went home from Perth, the best news we got out of the meeting was that no new passengers will be allowed to embark in Perth, or thereafter (although I realize)this is sad for those who were scheduled to join the ship in the next couple of months). This also means no new entertainers or lecturers, or crew. Many of the ports are still unconfirmed, and we were warned that supplies may become scarcer and some items may have to be removed from menus,etc, as we struggle to find resupply ports. Sounds like a lot of folks are planning to leave the WC and head home from Perth. We are still grateful to Regent for allowing us to stay onboard and cruise home instead of traversing crowded airports and airplanes. Even if we are not allowed off the ship in the next 2 months we are grateful and happy. Still a lot on unknowns.

Not at all related to the coronavirus issue, but some sad news aboard. One of the crew members passed away last night. Details are unknown at this time, only that he was young man in his 20s, part of the galley crew who was on his first contract, and that he was found this morning in his bed.

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers