Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us
Who's Online Now
14 registered members (Davefr, seadog, Tom G, Yallcruise, Jim B, julesluvscruising, APEXcruzr, cruisinfanatic, Sheri, KarenS, 4 invisible), 673 guests
Newest Members
ushasethi, Doris_Welsh, Frisco, Cliff_Baggett, Nick7Magg(41362 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Splendor Christening #252628 02/23/20 01:58 PM
Ngaire Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
We boarded the Splendor on Friday around noon. Instantly I was impressed. The color scheme is much lighter and has classier more understated feel. We are on for four nights.

The weather was not co-operating and it was a shame as a massive venue on the docks had been built. In the end they decided to hold to function inside. I think that was a good decision.

We all ate at different restaurants but the menu was the same for the every restaurant. Foie gras, scallops, caviar followed by Chilean sea bass or waygu beef. The dessert was a white rose filled with a trifle inside with custard, raspberry and cream. Everything was fantastic.

The highlight of the Christening was the rabbi’s dedication to the ship. He should have been a comedian. Seal, who I had never heard of before was the entertainer. He was incredible with a dynamic stage presence and an ability to sing so many different types of songs.

We were supposed to sail at 11.00 pm but the port authority closed departures due to very high seas. That was fine with us. The next day was supposed to be a sea day but the decision was made to stay docked and not leave until 11.00pm that night. They threw that fantastic gala lunch, had a town hall meeting with Jason Montague, Frank Del Rio, Randall Soy, and Franco who is over ship operations.

Also they had an open house of each type of cabin including the Regent Suite which has been changed quite a bit and the space is more divided and more practical.

We were fortunate to be given an aft grand suite. Talk about a nice cabin this is spectacular. We want to just stay here forever. We also had a dinner in the Study and there 12 of us and it worked so well. With no noise around us we had single conversations most of the time as everyone could hear. Most tables 8 or over it is impossible to all share in a conversation. So I am looking forward to the SUITE cruise and the dinners we will host in that room.

See pictures of our adventures here or follow me on
Pinterest!
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252629 02/23/20 02:18 PM
Ngaire Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
We took two nights before heading to the Splendor to visit Mary and Tom. The thought of having a meal cooked by Mary did not disappoint. We cooked our shrimp and steak on salt rocks. Same concept as hot rocks on Silverseas. However the rocks are salt and salt the food as it cooks.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The seafood salad was amazing she cooked all this seafood.

The final plate. Steak Dianne sauce. Bernaise sauce, quail eggs, shrimp, filet mignon with asparagus and baked potato.

All this followed by brownies with ice cream.

Pinterest!
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252630 02/23/20 02:18 PM
Ngaire Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
We had been scheduled to go to Key West and Grand Stirrup Bay. Great excursions planned. We would have been on luxurious catamaran sponsored by Signature in Key West and were assigned a villa in Grand Stirrup Bay for the day on the beach. We would not have been able to enjoy the catamaran in rough seas and not able to tender at Grand Stirrup Bay. This was all cancelled due to the seas.

So today we have a sea day and tomorrow Nassau. Going in this direction the seas are fine and just a little movement. Really these four days are all about being on the ship so everyone seems to be pretty happy and just delighted to be here.

I do have some pictures and will try and get these up sometime today.

Pinterest!
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252631 02/23/20 02:27 PM
Marc Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Wondering if you had gone missing. When ship didn't leave Friday night I wondered if there had been a change of plans. Can't wait for the pictures.

Video streaming of christening broke in middle of Christie's talk; did they ever break a bottle of champagne on the bow? Did they use French Champagne of Florida moonshine?

Marc

Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252632 02/23/20 03:54 PM
Ngaire Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Yes Marc, hey had it set up inside with a box with a red button button for Christi Brinkley to push after the countdown. On the large theatre screens they showed the ship and the bottle breaking.

KLT at the dragon outside pacific rim

The Regent Suite. The bathroom is not all gold now but black marble. The $200K bed.

I like the carpet in the standard suites.

Pinterest!
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252633 02/23/20 05:05 PM
Ngaire Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Ken is out now taking pictures since we stepped on the ship it has been totally busy.

So many major improvements.

The giant chandelier is quite different

Stairway light wood and quite simple in design

Area in front of the dining room

[url=https://ibb.co/PgHgK07][Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Table setting in the center of the dining room.

La veranda. The area that extends out over the sea. Windows are huge great feeling of openness and connection to the sea.

The lovely Misha at La Veranda

Theatre sight lines are fantastic. More height difference between rows, a lot more space between the couches and chairs. The balcony is glass barriers so easy to see, vastly improved. Again more height difference between rows. The giant pillars are now where the technicians area is set up rather than upstairs in the balcony so no one has a view blocked by the pillars. Still need to get pictures of the theatre. Still need pictures of the lounge.

Pinterest!
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252634 02/23/20 07:50 PM
Ngaire Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Walking down to the coffee lounge

Expanded seating and very open feelings

The Pacific Rim dragon

Pinterest!
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252635 02/23/20 07:53 PM
Marc Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Glad to see the updates to coffee connection; hopefully removed the high backs in Explorer too even though it still is much narrower space.

Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252641 02/24/20 07:20 PM
Ngaire Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
The glass barriers in the theatre. Makes a huge difference.

The control room for the theatre is now downstairs between the columns. The columns on the side do not interfere with the sight lines either b

Columns upstairs where stairs are located so ensure not blocking sight of the stage.

Theatre seating feels more spacious. I think there is less seating downstairs and more seating in the balcony.

Lights clearly Mark the steps in the theatre.

Pinterest!
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252642 02/24/20 07:38 PM
Ngaire Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser

You can see how the “over the sea area “ of La Veranda is situated in this aft picture of the splendor.

Cute putting green

Comfy chairs on deck.

Pinterest!
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252643 02/25/20 12:22 AM
Pam Offline
cruiser
cruiser
That is gorgeous!

I love Seal; he seems to mostly tour in Europe.

Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252644 02/25/20 02:48 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
The Splendor looks splendid...if we were in the Grand Suite they'd have to drag us off. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos.

Marcie

Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252646 02/25/20 06:42 PM
KarenS Online
Wow, she looks beautiful! Thanks for all the pictures Ken and Ngaire, I can't wait to see the ship in person!

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: Splendor Christening [Re: Ngaire] #252649 02/26/20 07:02 PM
R
RachelG Offline
cruiser
cruiser
R
Just caught up on this, and of course, I am at the office where the internet police won't let me see your pics. Can't wait to get home this evening to enjoy them.

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers