Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
11 registered members (VayaConStacy, Ralph W., TheSmiths, Ngaire, VayaConJim, S&K, Davefr, KarenS, seadog, APEXcruzr, 1 invisible), 50 guests
Newest Members
YEF, TheSmiths, Norma, lejenny81, jamescarl(41374 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Water #251437 02/16/19 04:28 AM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
The deed is done; and I am not happy; I guess I will have to either adjust or bring my own bottles.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises® Will Enhance Guest Experience and Environmental Commitment By Serving Vero Still And Sparkling Water Starting Spring 2019

2019-02-11
PREVIOUS NEXT
Transition to Vero Water® purification system will eliminate approximately 2 million plastic water bottles annually across the Regent fleet

MIAMI (Feb. 11, 2019) – Regent Seven Seas Cruises®, the leading luxury ocean cruise line, today announced it will serve guests prestigious Vero Still and Sparkling water fleetwide starting this spring. Vero is the gold-standard on-premise water purification system in luxury hotels, resorts and Michelin starred restaurants worldwide, using a proprietary five-stage Nano-Filtration process to reduce impurities, chemicals and imperfections – resulting in a perfectly refreshing and smooth taste.

The transition from traditional bottled water to premium Vero Still and Sparkling water will eliminate approximately two million plastic bottles annually across the cruise line’s fleet while improving the taste of complimentary still and sparkling water that Regent guests enjoy. Vero’s on-board purification and filling process will enable the cruise line to purify, chill and serve in Vero luxury glass bottles still and sparkling water on all its ships. Vero Water is a sustainable alternative to traditional bottled water, eliminating single-use plastic bottles on all Regent voyages and reducing carbon emissions every time it’s served.

“Regent is committed to providing an unrivaled experience that includes serving our guests the very best tasting water on their voyage,” said Jason Montague, president and chief executive officer of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “In addition, the Vero water purification system helps reduce our carbon footprint and sustains our beautiful natural resources.”

As part of its Sail & Sustain environmental program, Regent will be the first luxury ocean cruise line to eliminate single-use plastic bottles. The cruise line recently eliminated single-use plastic straws. [NOT TRUE]

“We are delighted to be a part of the preeminent luxury guest experience on board Regent Seven Seas Cruises,” said David Deshe, Vero Water founder and president. “It’s truly a privilege to partner with a world leader in luxury cruising and an organization that is committed to pioneering environmental stewardship in the travel industry. Working together, we anticipate preventing millions of single-use plastic bottles from ever being produced, shipped and ultimately ending up polluting the environment.”

Vero Water service will be implemented in two phases during the coming year. Phase One focuses on implementing the onboard water service in suites, restaurants, lounges and bars on board Seven Seas Voyager (by April 5), Seven Seas Explorer (by April 8), Seven Seas Mariner (by June 5) and Seven Seas Navigator (by June 18). In Phase Two, guests will be provided with their own eco-friendly reusable Vero Water bottle which will be theirs to use for on-shore experiences during the cruise, and to take home after the voyage. [I guess no more ability to take two bottles ashore.]

Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251438 02/16/19 06:54 PM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
On our first Silver Explorer cruise last month, I had to get used to the refillable bottles in the suites. I got used to it, but bottles were not big enough and had to keep getting them refilled during the day

The personal reusable bottles for taking onshore are another story - if guests are somehow allowed to refill their own bottles this could be a real sanitation issue. Will be interesting to see how that part is implemented.

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251439 02/16/19 08:58 PM
Ms Understood Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Although I too would like to see the planet saved from the scourge of plastic bottles and straws, my quibble is that the reusable bottles we have been provided are metal (stainless steel?) and they are HEAVY to carry around when filled. 😢
———————-
Helen

Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251440 02/16/19 09:48 PM
seadog Online
cruiser
cruiser
"Conserve water; drink wine." wink

Kim
Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251441 02/16/19 10:18 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Vero water bottles are actually glass; not metal. They also have a plastic version for around pools. Neither will fit in my pocket like current water bottles do. One week cruise no problem; they will sanitize bottles between guests. Longer cruise I would like them to be sanitized somewhat frequently. Fine idea for restaurants and lounges to not use small or large "purchased" bottles; I am not so sure for guests. I just wish they could offer alternative; I have never liked the Silversea bottles so I have substituted other beverages for water; not necessarily a smart decision.

Marc

Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251442 02/17/19 03:24 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
I only like sparkling water. So for years i have been bringing the smallest sized Pellegrino 250 ml bottles empty in my suitcase. They are glass I wish they were plastic as it would be even lighter. I also bring the regular sized small bottle 500 ml with me for my night stand.

Then I fill these bottles from the larger bottles I get in my cabin. The 250 ml bottles are so small they fit inside my three zipper small bag for shore excursions. I absolutely hate those metal bottles that they give on safaris as well. Don't use them at all. I hate drinking out of them. I take my small empty Pellegrino and Perrier bottles with me on safari as well. Mala Mala went to those nasty metal ones.

Change is always happening - I just find a way to adjust and these tiny 250 ml bottles are fantastic. On the Crystal Esprit I asked for Sparkling water and received my desired small 250 ml bottles - I was a very happy camper.

See pictures of our adventures here or follow me on
Pinterest!
Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251445 02/21/19 02:52 AM
R
RachelG Offline
cruiser
cruiser
R
I just don’t like drinking water out of metal containers (like on Silversea). It tastes weird to me. If the containers are glass, I guess I can tolerate it.

Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251448 02/22/19 06:16 PM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I have these plastic bottles that I got on Amazon. I use them here at home - fill them with filtered water. They are dishwasher safe, PBA free and have screw tops. Two different sizes - 16oz and 10oz. I guess I will have start packing some of these for our cruises!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251449 02/22/19 06:41 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
These bottles are adorable and OBVIOUSLY belong to no one but the person who bought them.

I actually sometimes I take one of the NO SPILL 8 oz plastic bottles from the container store. I like to have water on an excursion but do not need a whole bottle. But the are a bit FAT for my over the shoulder bag that has multiple zippers. The glass Pellegrino bottle is taller and thin and works but glass is HEAVY!

So I am now going to hunt for light 8 oz plastic bottles in a thin tall design. These LITTLE things can make life easier and are worth figuring out!

See pictures of our adventures here or follow me on
Pinterest!
Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251451 02/23/19 04:14 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Our next cruise leaves out of Miami so I am thinking of stopping at grocery store and picking up a case of water to bring onboard.

Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251452 02/23/19 05:05 PM
pwolftx Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I'm with you, Marc. The last thing I want to do is carry around a heavy glass bottle on excursions. However, I can't even lift a case of bottled water, so I'll probably have to get some sort of refillable plastic bottle (like Cindy's) to bring on cruises.

Peggy
Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251458 02/25/19 11:22 AM
J
JimR Offline
cruiser
cruiser
J
Marc:
Are the water bottles for your "Build-A-Boat" entry?
Jim

Re: Water [Re: Marc] #251472 02/27/19 03:10 AM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Rather than start a new thread, I'll just add to the water. Regent has now switched to Heidsick Monopole as the standard bar champagne and it's good. The Mariner has exhausted all her stock of the old junk so it's Monopole from now on.

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers