LCT

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155   |   972-701-9292

Who's Online Now
18 registered members (Marc, cruisinfanatic, Davefr, S&K, Mrs. Marc, Yallcruise, Anna B., scubadiver, lonestarlady, seadog, xrvlcruiser, Ngaire, KarenS, APEXcruzr, RachelG, Jim B, 2 invisible), 603 guests
Newest Members
Bodogbodog, wjc, Bellah, cruisingitme, PJT (41329 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#250563 - 07/20/18 01:01 AM Wrangel  
Marc Online
cruiser
Marc  Online
cruiser

Georgetown, TX
Off to a good start in Alaska. We are staying at Talkeetna Alaska Lodge. Today we took a jetboat up the river and saw two Meese, a bald eagle, a black bear, and Denali (including the top) in all of her splendour. Tomorrow we head into Denali National Park for four days; hopefully we will add brown bear and grizzly to our sightings along with a chance to go fly fishing. Then back to Anchorage where we will meet up with Ngaire and Ken, then Nome for dinner with June and Ralph, and then finally onto the Explorer to meet up again with Stefan and the rest of the expedition staff.

As Ngaire would say: Life is Good!

:LCT:

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

#250565 - 07/20/18 01:55 PM Re: Wrangel Seamail [Re: Marc]  
Leslie B Offline
cruiser
Leslie B  Offline
cruiser

Santa Fe
We leave tomorrow for Anchorage and Denali pre cruise. Weather forecast for Denali looks great for the next week - sunny and warm.

Leslie

#250570 - 07/21/18 07:50 PM Re: Wrangel Seamail [Re: Marc]  
RachelG Online
cruiser
RachelG  Online
cruiser

Tulsa OK
Will be following you closely, as George and I embark when you disembark. Particularly want to know about the boot situation. Do I really need to bring the muck boots from the ranch?

#250571 - 07/22/18 12:26 AM Re: Wrangel [Re: Marc]  
Ngaire Online
Ngaire  Online

Dallas, Texas
I do not think you need to bring boots. This push to get you to either BUY (and leave boots behind) or RENT has been going on for years. Just got a bit more aggressive in recent years. I promise to report back and I can assure you Ken and I are "bootless".

See pictures of our adventures here or follow me on
Pinterest!
#250578 - 07/24/18 04:26 PM Re: Wrangel [Re: Marc]  
Marc Online
cruiser
Marc  Online
cruiser

Georgetown, TX
We are now in Anchorage after three nights at Kantishna Roadhouse at mile marker 92 in Denali. We had beautiful weather with full views of Denali for five straight days. We went to reflection pond two days with still conditions to get perfect reflection of the mountain in the pond; also got the reflection at Wonder Lake. Wildlife count was just ok, binocular brown bears, a couple of great caribou close by, a few moose, and a porcupine. Also went fly fishing for first time; I actually caught a fish!

The lodge was rustic but wonderful; only nitpick was that the dinners were not that exciting and no real choices at either lunch or dinner. Yesterday, we flew out of the park with a good amount of time spent around Denali and over its glaciers; again, beautiful weather for the flight. Easy drive to Anchorage and now a couple of last minute errands and we fly to Nome this afternoon.

More later . . .

Marc

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers

bklogo

NGAIRE & KEN'S
HOSTED VOYAGES

**Offering Enhanced KLT Rewards**

Ngaire Ken

HIPPO Group Safari, Group Safari Pictures - May 27-June 24, 2018 | Sold Out Waitlist Only

Silversea | Silver Explorer, Jul 25-Aug 13, 2018 - Nome to Nome | Alaska Expedition Cruise

Crystal River Cruises | Debussy, Sep 23-Oct 3, 2018 - Amsterdam to Basel | Splendors of the Rhine

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Nov 1-Nov 15, 2018 - Honolulu to Papeete | Hawaiian Sunsets and Tahitian Moons

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Dec 15, 2018-Jan 20, 2019 - Sydney to Sydney | Grand Aussie Adventure

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Mar 28-Apr 13, 2019 - Shanghai to Tokyo | Way of the Emperors

LIONESS Group Safari, Group Safari Pictures
Group One-Jun 5-28, 2019
Group Two-Jun 19-Jul 3, 2019
| Sold Out Waitlist Only

Regent Seven Seas Explorer, Aug 8-20, 2019 - Copenhagen to Oslo | Norwegian Peaks & Fjords
back-to-back with
Aug 20-30, 2019 - Oslo to Stockholm | Scandinavian Summer

Regent Seven Seas Voyager, Nov 16-Dec 6, 2019 - Dubai to Singapore | Opulent Capitals & Sacred Shrines

Silversea Silver Cloud Expedition, Jan4-19, 2020 - Ushuaia to Ushuaia | Antarctica Expedition

***NEW***

Regent Seven Seas Splendor, Mar 14-30, 2020 - Los Angeles to Miami | Regal Mexican Riviera

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Apr 29-May 17, 2020 - Rome to Miami | Barcelona, Bermuda & Beyond

***NEW***

Regent Seven Seas Splendor, Jun 4-16, 2020 - Rome to Barcelon | Ancient Wonders Expedition

REGENT SPECIALS

Free Land Programs in ALL Suite Categories on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

Single Supplement Specials on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

Kids Sail from $999 on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

VOYAGES
HOSTED BY KLT STAFF

Cruise with your favorite Keene Luxury Travel Staff Member in 2018, 2019, or 2020
5% KLT Reward plus Shipboard Credit available (amount varies per voyage)!
2018 Details | 2019 Details | 2020 Details

Susan

Hosted by
Susan Walsh

Susan's Voyages

Linda
Hosted by
Linda Litteken

Linda's Voyages

Clay

Hosted by
Clay Keene