LCT

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155   |   972-701-9292

Who's Online Now
19 registered members (cruisinfanatic, Marc, Davefr, S&K, Mrs. Marc, Yallcruise, Anna B., scubadiver, lonestarlady, seadog, xrvlcruiser, Ngaire, KarenS, APEXcruzr, RachelG, Jim B, 3 invisible), 599 guests
Newest Members
Bodogbodog, wjc, Bellah, cruisingitme, PJT (41329 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#250358 - 06/11/18 05:23 PM Heaven got sweeter ....  
petlover Offline
cruiser
petlover  Offline
cruiser

Fullerton, CA
As many are learning (thank you Tom) Tony Mondae passed away yesterday afternoon. He had a long battle with cancer affecting various parts of his body. He had months of chemo and was considered cancer free several months ago (so he told us). Unfortunately, it returned with a vengeance. He passed away Sunday afternoon June 10th. He will be missed by all of us who knew him.
Tom and I were planning to visit him this month but decided to wait until August after we return from So Africa. I wish we had decided otherwise and will have to live with that decision.

The good news is that he's back with his beloved Joanna and they're both out of pain in a better place. You know they're whoop'n it up and having a good time. Heaven may never be the same. Both Tony and Joanna were loved by everyone they met.

Hang on to the many memories you made with them. In our mind, the M & M's will live forever. Tonight Tom & I will raise our Sambuca glass and be thankful for the many good times and memories made. Keep his two daughters, Amber & Lara and step son Carter in your prayers. They're taking a bit of time to make final arrangements.
[Linked Image]

Marcie

#250359 - 06/11/18 05:41 PM Re: Heaven got sweeter .... [Re: petlover]  
azgkrudi Offline
cruiser
azgkrudi  Offline
cruiser

Steilacoom, WA
Well said, Marcie. And what a great picture! We will miss both of them, but you are right, they will make Heaven like no one's ever seen it. The thing I remember most about them is they always smiled. And always made you feel at ease, and always made you laugh. God speed to their loved ones - our prayers are with them.

Kristin

Paul Gauguin's Tere Moana-12/14
Voyager-10/08, 11/10
Navigator-05/07, 5/09, 10/11
Paul Gauguin-6/06, 12/07
Silver Shadow-12/06
Silver Whisper-11/05, 12/04
Silver Wind-4/04
#250362 - 06/11/18 09:36 PM Re: Heaven got sweeter .... [Re: azgkrudi]  
Marc Online
cruiser
Marc  Online
cruiser

Georgetown, TX
When Arlene informed me last night I was struck. The memories that we have had with Tony and Joanna are there forever. Although life is all too fleeting, and can end at any time, it still is very hard to accept. One of my best memories was when Joanna, Tony, Marcie, Tom, Arlene and I were walking around Copenhagen in advance of FJORDS. We had a wonderful day drinking overly expensive Irish coffees and watching Tony taking pictures of every "Heidi" in sight.

I will definitely have a whisky tonight to toast Tony, and Joanna.

Marc

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

#250364 - 06/12/18 02:13 AM Re: Heaven got sweeter .... [Re: petlover]  
Mrs. Marc Online
cruiser
Mrs. Marc  Online
cruiser

Any Regent ship will do....
You are right Marcie, Heaven won't be the same, but will be so much more fun with the two of them there. They were both so very special, and such great friends to so many of us. I think if we all got together we could tell fun stories of being with them all night long. They will long be missed

Arlene
I LOVE flying... I've been to almost as many places as my luggage
#250368 - 06/12/18 04:03 PM Re: Heaven got sweeter .... [Re: petlover]  
cruisinfanatic Online
cruiser
cruisinfanatic  Online
cruiser

Wiliamsburg VA
Agree Marcie. We too have such wonderful memories of both of them, they will be missed, such fun, sweet, kind and genuine people.

JoAnn

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers

bklogo

NGAIRE & KEN'S
HOSTED VOYAGES

**Offering Enhanced KLT Rewards**

Ngaire Ken

HIPPO Group Safari, Group Safari Pictures - May 27-June 24, 2018 | Sold Out Waitlist Only

Silversea | Silver Explorer, Jul 25-Aug 13, 2018 - Nome to Nome | Alaska Expedition Cruise

Crystal River Cruises | Debussy, Sep 23-Oct 3, 2018 - Amsterdam to Basel | Splendors of the Rhine

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Nov 1-Nov 15, 2018 - Honolulu to Papeete | Hawaiian Sunsets and Tahitian Moons

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Dec 15, 2018-Jan 20, 2019 - Sydney to Sydney | Grand Aussie Adventure

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Mar 28-Apr 13, 2019 - Shanghai to Tokyo | Way of the Emperors

LIONESS Group Safari, Group Safari Pictures
Group One-Jun 5-28, 2019
Group Two-Jun 19-Jul 3, 2019
| Sold Out Waitlist Only

Regent Seven Seas Explorer, Aug 8-20, 2019 - Copenhagen to Oslo | Norwegian Peaks & Fjords
back-to-back with
Aug 20-30, 2019 - Oslo to Stockholm | Scandinavian Summer

Regent Seven Seas Voyager, Nov 16-Dec 6, 2019 - Dubai to Singapore | Opulent Capitals & Sacred Shrines

Silversea Silver Cloud Expedition, Jan4-19, 2020 - Ushuaia to Ushuaia | Antarctica Expedition

***NEW***

Regent Seven Seas Splendor, Mar 14-30, 2020 - Los Angeles to Miami | Regal Mexican Riviera

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Apr 29-May 17, 2020 - Rome to Miami | Barcelona, Bermuda & Beyond

***NEW***

Regent Seven Seas Splendor, Jun 4-16, 2020 - Rome to Barcelon | Ancient Wonders Expedition

REGENT SPECIALS

Free Land Programs in ALL Suite Categories on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

Single Supplement Specials on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

Kids Sail from $999 on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

VOYAGES
HOSTED BY KLT STAFF

Cruise with your favorite Keene Luxury Travel Staff Member in 2018, 2019, or 2020
5% KLT Reward plus Shipboard Credit available (amount varies per voyage)!
2018 Details | 2019 Details | 2020 Details

Susan

Hosted by
Susan Walsh

Susan's Voyages

Linda
Hosted by
Linda Litteken

Linda's Voyages

Clay

Hosted by
Clay Keene