Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
7 registered members (Yallcruise, Ralph W., Ngaire, Davefr, DennisK, Jim B, 1 invisible), 816 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FROLIC Seamail #248024 03/29/17 05:55 PM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Three days in and still not seamail thread?????

We are having a great time Beautiful ship; great friends; and a great itinerary. I have actually won at hearts and been killed at trivia; i may have to give up on the trivia. Arlene and I are here with my step father in a G2 cabin; quite reasonable. We have six suitcases of clothes and everything is put away. We are facing aft and can throw grapes to those in infinity pool; if anyone gets in.

Ship's design flaws are well documented but it is still a beautiful ship. New compass rose menu fantastic. Prime 7 absolutely beautiful. We will dine in the other three restaurants over the next week. Bermuda today and tomorrow and then some more sea days; life is good.

Marc

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248025 03/29/17 06:08 PM
cruisinfanatic Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Agree with Marc, ship is beautiful and we are finding our way around easily. We have an F2 cabin with angled balcony and its great. We have empty drawers there is so much space. I miss having a side chair so mentioned that to our amazing room stewardess and one appeared in our room. Compass Rose fantastic, Prime 7 was wonderful last night. Probably do Sette Mari tonight. Having so much fun connecting with friends and enjoying time with them. Some rocking and rolling on the trip over to Bermuda, but manageable for the most part.

I too would say life is good, very good indeed.

JoAnn
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248027 03/30/17 01:29 AM
lonestarlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Wow Marc! Three of ya'll in a G2?!?! Others had reported they felt it was too small for 2 people! That is definitely encouraging. Try to get some photos - would love to see the room layout and storage. We always love the aft cabins on Voyager, but on Explorer, there is only a choice of G2 (lowest level) or the very expensive Grand or Master Suite (way outside of our budget!!)

Sounds like everyone is having a great time. Keep the posts coming!!

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248029 03/30/17 10:34 PM
Fogmalkin Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Any Olivia sightings???

Suzanne
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248030 03/31/17 12:31 AM
Betty Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Olivia is on the ship. clap And looking good as usual.

Betty
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Betty] #248031 03/31/17 03:20 AM
jhp Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Suzanne, haha, I'm here! Rocking and rolling slows me down a bit for strolling around the ship, but enjoying mealtimes and tonight, Ngaire and Ken hosted a great party! Once again, like many times before, I have a chance for a free cruise, and Betty's name got pulled twice; many chances for all us LCT people in there!

I will say, there is no better sleeping in the world than on a Regent ship on a crossing when we have "movement"! And I love sleep.

The ship is lovely as many have said. I do feel I'm on a different planet somehow; this ship is just different, and I have to get used to what is where, and how I get there. Sometimes the elevator doesn't go to the floor I want? But it's truly luxury all the way. And there are so many choices for dining. Love CR, but avoid that center section under all that blue glass, too noisy. Love those tables in the back with the very low ceilings, better for conversation,actually reminds me of the ding room on the side of the old Diamond,

Except, I would never book a G cabin for 2, perhaps because I need too much closet space. It's perfect for 1. That alone is the shortcoming, the closet for more no more than 1. There's a small length of the rod, on only one side. Those four hooks on the wall on other side hold little. I could never share that closet with a travel mate. Others will disagree. Marc and Arlene are doing fine with Chuck with them, and said they have 6 pieces of luggage and are doing fine. 3 of them!

As usual, the staff is great. I find that if you just take a little time to talk to the staff, it's amazing how interesting they are...the gal working the smoking "cage" told me she is from Siberia. Now can you just imagine how nice it must be for her to be in Bermuda today?

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248032 03/31/17 06:02 PM
seadog Offline
cruiser
cruiser
So nice to hear from you, Olivia! Sounds awesome!

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248033 04/01/17 01:31 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Two threads going I decided to post on Seamail.

Having a great time, so many great people in the group and some really nice new people. Food has been terrific , playing cards And scrabble is a lot of fun. Trivia is in the constellation theatre and it works great. Plenty of room to spread out and they have tea, coffee, sandwiches, bite size cakes, and cookies. John Baron is so good at trivia so happy to have him onboard.

We are rocking and rolling but as Olivia mentioned so great to be rocked to sleep. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248034 04/02/17 03:45 PM
Tom G Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I've been posting some pictures on my Facebook page. You don't have to be my friend to see them, but you have to have a Facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.giusto.16

The cruise has been great and the ship is beautiful.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248035 04/02/17 10:42 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Bermuda - Boat tour of beautiful homes:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Oracle Team USA practicing for America's Cup Yacht Race.

[Linked Image]
SoftBank Team Japan.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248036 04/02/17 10:55 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
KLT Cocktail Party and Preliminary Free Cruise Drawing:

[Linked Image]
John, Tom, Marcie, & Gudrun.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Jim, Mary Ellen, Wendy, & Don.

[Linked Image]
John, Ngaire & Clay.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248037 04/02/17 11:16 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Ralph & June's Marriage Celebration:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
John, June, Ralph & Daniela.

[Linked Image]
Don, Carolyn, Don & Wendy.

[Linked Image]
Tim, Jim, Jim & Jan.

[Linked Image]
Meridith, Bo & Mark.

[Linked Image]
June, Ralph & Lynette.

[Linked Image]
Jan, Pat, Pat, Michael & Harry.

[Linked Image]

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248038 04/03/17 02:55 PM
Anna B. Offline
cruiser
cruiser
These are such "feel good" pics. I can't stop smiling. Cheers to you, Ralph and June. You are a beautiful couple. And cheers to all of the rest of the LCT gang! You are the best!

Kathy
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248039 04/03/17 04:31 PM
drib Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Is Sea Mail anything posted while on board? Or is it an app or something else?

Anyway, you'd probably never know that I'm on your cruise because I'm not very social. But I do take a lot of photos. They're not very good (and such large portions!) but they are well organized. I won't rotate the portrait-orientated ones, nor crop the panoramas until we are home. And the video will be moved to a server with video-caching later too. But, if you're interested, this:

http://bd-foto.com/bdfoto/bdfoto2.php?user=drib-v&collection=253&album=3656

I also save all the Passages, and they will all be scanned as pdf files and placed in the last album once we are home again.

We were in Bermuda last year too, so not a lot of photos this year. But if you want to see more of Bermuda, then this:

http://bd-foto.com/bdfoto/bdfoto2.php?user=drib-v&collection=288&album=4179

And those are all cleaned up.

Mostly loving the ship!

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248041 04/04/17 07:51 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Thanks for sharing those David much appreciated. I know you are onboard!

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Ngaire] #248042 04/04/17 08:17 AM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Still FROLICing around. Another great lunch in Prime 7 and dinner in Compass Rose with great friends. Great joke night in Observation Lounge last night. Finally done with time changes for a few days. Ship is wonderful but quirky. Don't think it will ever be my favorite ship (without a couple of fixes) but it is sure luxurious. Crew wonderful.

Marc

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248043 04/04/17 01:09 PM
KarenS Offline
I love those pictures of Ralph and June! I have to say I called it years ago when I saw the two of them holding hands and so happy!!

Marc, what quirks are quirking you?

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248044 04/04/17 01:10 PM
cruisinfanatic Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We are having a great time!!! Wonderful birthday dinner last night for Frank in Chartreuse, great company, lots of laughs and terrific food. Still enjoying meeting people, the ship and the LCT group. No funny hot dog stories today.

JoAnn
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248045 04/05/17 07:47 AM
drib Offline
cruiser
cruiser
If you are a late-riser, or are starboard on the ship, then you may have missed this big yellow ball over Madeira this morning.

[Linked Image]

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: KarenS] #248046 04/05/17 07:58 AM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Originally Posted by KarenS

Marc, what quirks are quirking you?

Karen, a number of small items.

Not having a rear entrance to Compass Rose also means that there are no restrooms right outside Compass Rose; there is only one womens and one mens room for entire Deck 4; leads to long absences from dinner table.

Coffee Connection has 50 seats packed closely together without ability to form into a group larger than six or seven; it is often crowded. On the other hand, the Atrium has seating for over 70 which is usually pretty empty.

We are on Deck 7. Explorer is same design as Mariner with center crew only areas. However, on Mariner there are frequent cross hallways for guest use; doesn't exist on Explorer. Only crossovers are two elevator lobbies and forward stairs and at both ends. Makes for real long uninterrupted passageways and a great quarter mile track.

Lots of molding added to cabins; seems like it leads to creaking. There is so much fake wood in this ship that it looks a bit gaudy. One description of ship is 1920s Art Deco Hollywood.

Landing in front of aft elevators on Deck 5 is only about three feet wide before you fall down the staircase.

Restrooms do have neat feature of automatic doors; however, they are slow to close. Quite normal to walk by mens or womens room with door wide open. By the way, even though doors are automatic; you actually have to push soap dispenser.

There is no forward looking weather decks for photos. However, there are doors on both sides of observation lounge that exit out to a metal roof to deck 10 below. Would seem easy fix to add railings; in fact, it appears they were planning on providing this external area but decided not to for some reason.

On Deck plan it appears that there are around 15 category of cabins to choose from; however, not all within one category are consistent. We really should create a spreadsheet/database of cabins that highlights the differences. Still can't figure out why Penthouse do not have bathtub. (BTW, I am a fan of G2 as we never use bathroom at same time.) Maybe those with F1 or F2 cabins can comment on desk/vanity situation.

In many dining rooms, there are tables that are on both tile and carpet; gets hard to push chairs back. Also, carpet design makes it appear that carpet is not wearing very well.

There are many design improvements such as serving area in La Verandah and expanded outside dining for La Verandah.

Just my two cents, I love this cruise, but don't know (yet) if i will love the ship.

Marc

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248047 04/05/17 12:41 PM
KarenS Offline
Thanks Mark, very interesting. Though I haven't smoked for years, I am curious about the pool deck glassed in area. Is it wind and rain proof?

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248048 04/05/17 04:08 PM
Anna B. Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Marc, I think all of your comments are great ones. I have been in both the F1 and the F2 and will be happy to comment on the desk/vanity situation. Al does a lot of work while on the ship and uses the desk and drawers. The vanity was the only "personal space" I had. Half the time the chair isn't even there because we have pulled it over next to the table. I'd give up the double sinks and some closet space in a heartbeat to have a little more room in the cabin and to have the vanity back. Does the G have the same configuration?

I'd be willing to bet none of this has negatively affected your cruise though.....can't remember when, if ever, there has been a group on board I would rather be spending time with. Enjoy every minute!

Kathy
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248049 04/06/17 03:32 PM
jbittle Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I agree with Marc and have some additional comments. Before the ship was launched Regent touted smaller suites for singles but don't list that they will also place couples in them. We're used to booking the low category price wise and got G-2, the single suite. The suite size we got accustomed to, but the 2 - 3 foot wide clothes hanging rod is ridiculous. The room is very narrow with a wall segment protruding from each side making the bedroom quite dark and the TV is on the bedroom wall and very difficult to watch from the sitting room.

The seating in the theater is very packed and difficult to navigate between the rows to get a seat in the center of the row. It's also a very tight squeeze for servers bringing drinks & canapes to those seated away from the aisle.

There is no Horizon or Galileo's lounge at the rear looking out over the stern, Instead there is a Meridian Lounge mid ship on deck 5 and, even though it has side windows, it can be dark..Observation Lounge is the only place to enjoy drinks with a view.

The staff has been great as always and, even though we're enjoying Frolic, the Explorer is our 4th favorite out of 4 ships in the fleet and she's also the most expensive. We've really enjoyed the Navigator since her refurbishment, the per diem is about 1/2 the other ships, the new itineraries are very interesting with sea days rather than port intensive and my response to old complaints is "What vibration."

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248050 04/06/17 10:36 PM
Tom G Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I agree with Marc and Jim's observations.

For me the most serious issue is the design that caused there to be no aft elevator or stair access to deck four where Compass Rose and the theater are located. If you have mobility issues, DO NOT book a cabin in the aft half of the ship. Otherwise, you will have to walk a long way to the forward elevators to get to deck four, and then walk back to get to Compass Rose.

While the rest of the criticisms are valid, they would not stop me from cruising again on the ship.

Tom.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Tom G] #248051 04/08/17 09:30 AM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Some really nice changes I have noticed on this ship:

Having a dedicated dining reservation desk staffed all day is great.

Having destinations staffed continuously 9-9 on sea days is great; no need to cram into a few hours.

Chartreuse and Prime 7 are beautiful with wrap around windows and dedicated bars.

Pool grill seating is nice and comfortable; service wonderful.

Observation lounge has great seating options.

Doctor's office has lowered their prices and are quite reasonable.

Still undecided on ship; i think a number of these improvements translate to the other ships so they will become even better.

Marc

PS I was kidding about doctor lowering prices. :)

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248052 04/08/17 04:22 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
We have had some pretty bumpy seas. In the Gibraltar straits it was REALLY windy. Now we are in the Med I am looking out at super calm seas. Really lovely to see a perfectly flat ocean.

Hearts, Mexican Train and Scrabble have been active on sea days with many different people coming at different times. Had a lot of fun with hearts but the BOYS are tough. I like playing with them though they are so good. I fight to simply not be last. Winning against these guys would be a miracle.

They have had a no Texas Holden tournament game each sea day at 3.00 pm and that has been very popular.

Some of the shows have been good I hear (I never go) and I love John Barron's trivia. He is so funny. Been hard though we have had one second and six thirds.

Time has passed so quickly. Good thing about a big group is that people are enjoying others they may not have seen for a while. For us it is hard to see and spend time with everyone as much as I would like. Just a super group of people and I have met many really nice new people.

Tomorrow a lot leave and I will be so sorry to see them go.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248053 04/08/17 08:54 PM
Betty Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I have probably done the least amount of frolicking of any of Ngaire's people on the ship. I know, that doesn't sound like me....but it's true. I do love the ship, although the Mariner remains my favorite. I am in a F1 cabin, deck 8, mid ship. Perfect cabin, perfect location. Half way to each set of elevators so no issues on which direction to go. Just where am I going to eat. Food has been wonderful, with the exception of room service. Yes, they need to work on that. Although the room service people couldn't be nicer.
I love my bathroom, closet and cabin. I don't need to worry about working in the cabin. It's a vacation after all. BUT the issues with the internet are enough to drive a person to drink. Oh yes, the drinks are also wonderful. Looking forward to the next leg to Venice.

Betty
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248058 04/11/17 04:33 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Funchal, Madeira:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gibraltar, UK:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248059 04/11/17 08:17 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Quick update. Been so busy not doing my posting duty.

In Funchal we did a short tour and then had afternoontea at Reid's. The tea was great with warm scones from the oven. It is a really pretty island.

In Gibraltar we took the Gibraltar delights tour. Starting with a city walk, botanical gardens and cable car. The view from the top was really nice and it was a beautiful day. We had only been here once before years ago so it was great to see it again.

We took a day off in Barcelona. The ship was so quiet. Most on tour and new guests not embarked. They had lunch in Compass Rose for those in transit which was very nice. Very peaceful day.

In Marseille we went to Charming Castellet. I was there a couple of years ago and had the "locked in the toilet" adventure. Love this little town full of interesting shops and quaint houses built in the rock walls. We decided to take a picture of the infamous toilet to find it has been replaced with a much simple toilet without all the bells and whistles. Not as nice but you won't get locked in this model. Had some great sorbet and a lovely time. Little late back but we got ready very quickly.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248060 04/11/17 08:25 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Today we went to St. Paul de Vance. This must be my sixth time here and I still always enjoy it. One of the places I buy things. Got a lovely jacket and two tops. Wore one that tonight. Just love walking through this town with all the art galleries. Will probably go back again next time I am in Monte Carlo. Weather beautiful this morning, then became overcast but as we drove to St. Paul de Venice the sun came out and it was perfect.

This segment is so different from the last segment. Last week, coffee corner chats, cards, trivia but this week not seeing anyone as we all disperse on morning or afternoon tours. A mixture of both would be perfect.

Top staff from Regent including Jason Montague, President are onboard. Looking forward to his session on the sea day.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248065 04/12/17 07:07 PM
R
RachelG Offline
cruiser
cruiser
R
I love St Paul De Vance as well. Just fun walking around and looking at stuff. And they have those tiny black olives that are just packed with flavor. If you haven't tried them, get some the next time you are there. They are YUM.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248066 04/13/17 12:42 AM
KarenS Offline
Posting for Arlene:

Dinner at Sette Mare

[Linked Image]

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248067 04/13/17 01:07 AM
Anna B. Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Great photo! What a beautiful night!

Kathy
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: drib] #248068 04/13/17 05:11 AM
drib Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Originally Posted by drib
... I also save all the Passages, and they will all be scanned as pdf files and placed in the last album once we are home again.

Passages now scanned and online. It's not that big of deal now, but you might find it interesting years from now, or maybe some newbie Regent cruiser might find them useful. (What did you do during all those at sea days, Daddy?)

http://bd-foto.com/bdfoto/bdfoto2.php?user=drib-v&collection=253&album=4157

All the other images are now cropped and rotated. Videos are on a Google drive where they play better, although not always instantaneous. I rate all items from 1 to 5, where 5 is best, and there were not that many of those. I will probably adjust a lot of the ratings because images often look better on the camera screen than do on my PC.

If you were wondering why there are so many odd photos, such as the fire hydrants, well those are for my grandson, who likes fire hydrants. I also keep many odd albums like this one of statues with birds on their head.

http://bd-foto.com/bdfoto/tinydancer/index.php?path=8a8785080ae6

I put Krew Kapers in its own album. As far as I know, this is the only show not prohibited for recording, which is nice because it's often my favorite show on Regent. Then I reorganized last years cruise so that I could make a virtual collection of both albums. (Before that, I didn't have enough space for that much video.)

http://bd-foto.com/bdfoto/bdfoto2.php?user=drib-v&cat=krew%20kapers

Overall, I thought it was an excellent cruise and a beautiful ship. My first inclination was that it would be hard to return to an older ship, without all that cabin space and wide balconies. But I'm already over that. There were flaws for sure, but the only one that impacted me was the horrible sight lines in the balcony, and I'm already over that too. This is my review:

http://dribcritic.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=755

The site is just for fun, but you're welcome to peruse, use or abuse it, as you wish.

Another highlight, I forgot to mention in the review, was the FROLIC magnets. Those were awesome. Unfortunately, most of the opportunities to collect new ones are on cruises that are too long for us.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248069 04/13/17 02:29 PM
KarenS Offline
Dave, I tried to join dribcritic but never got the confirmation registration wonder

I just LOVED your review, it might be the best review I have ever read. Full of interesting tidbits about the Explorer, which I really enjoy. And lots of humor, which I like just as much.

"The ocean called. They're running out of shrimp!" You just got to love Seinfeld references!!! clap

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248073 04/16/17 02:34 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Charming Castellet, France:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Ngaire tries her luck in the automatic toilet. This time she did not get locked in.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Scenic St. Paul de Vence:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248074 04/16/17 03:17 PM
Anna B. Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I love this part of France....so serene! Well done, Ngaire! That's a big hurdle to get over - Haha!

Kathy
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248075 04/16/17 03:52 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Easter Sunday - The Entrance to Compass Rose.
[Linked Image]

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248076 04/16/17 04:13 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Amazing how busy we have been and how time has passed so quickly.

Livorno we stayed on the ship. The tour we booked was not going to get back until 6.30 pm and we had plans for dinner at 6.30 pm. So we just took a day off.

Rome we had a nice tour. Bracciano Lake & Wine tasting. A lovely little lake and a nice cup of coffee with a view was delightful. I went to a fish store BUT the smell got to me so I did not stay long. Finished off with a wine tasting that had very good thinly sliced meats and cheese. Couple this with a sour dough type bread with olive oil it was very GOOD.

Naples we finally went to Herculaneum. It was very interesting. There was a special 25th anniversary tour here that went into tunnels the Borbonico Tunnel that everyone who went really said was great. Some bailed as there were a lot of steps down. Next time I am here I might try that.

Kotor we did a special 25th anniversary tour that went by boat to a church that featured a classical concert. Four lovely young ladies played flutes and the music was delightful. Then back on the boat to a local restaurant for a fish luncheon, calarmari, fresh fish, octopus salad with a good green salad. It was actually very good. A small local restaurant that we filled up completely. No need for lunch back on the ship.

Spent time getting whipped in cards by Marc, Mark and Bo. Those guys are SO good I am really just there to have the fourth person as you need four to play. Enjoyed game of scrabble with sister June. Yesterday I worked on itineraries for the Cheetah safari and played scrabble at the same time. Making full use of my time.

I was not sure how it would all work out with so many people I knew so well and so many clients of KLT that I had not met. I had lunch, dinner or drinks with everyone on the first leg - all the 112 FROLIC people. It was so great seeing so many people we knew in the same place all together. Just like Ho-Down, Fiesta, Hee Haw, and Rodeo, Frolic proved to be a ton of fun. What was great this time is that I met more new people and had a chance to share a meal together so I could really get to know them. Some really super people. All have been clients for a long time but they work with other people in the office. That makes a cruise event good as it is not over in just three days and everyone has time to meet more people.

Just a few more nights and then we are off to the christening of the new Silver Muse.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248080 04/17/17 01:13 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Naples, Italy - Herculaneum, an ancient Roman town destroyed by volcanic pyroclastic flows in 79 AD:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248081 04/17/17 01:58 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Messina Strait - Regent Galley Brunch:

[Linked Image]
Mount Etna.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Staff Captain Kumar and new son Elliot - Captain in Training.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Ken] #248084 04/17/17 07:00 PM
drib Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Originally Posted by Ken
Easter Sunday - The Entrance to Compass Rose.
[Linked Image]

On the galley tour, I learned that the large Easter eggs are balloons carefully coated with chocolate.

Those eggs were prepped late March. Then shortly after we left Bermuda, they were humpty-dumpty-ed by rough seas. All the ship's bakers, and all the ship's chefs, couldn't put those eggs back together again. So they started from scratch, and when I saw them on the galley tour, they were secured to racks with saran wrap.

New egg in progress...
[Linked Image]

Karen S: The confirmation email probably went to your spam folder, but I manually activated your account. You are good to go, along with all the rights and privileges of membership, if any.

Excellent photos, Ken!

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248085 04/17/17 07:38 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Loved that David, very clever it made me laugh!

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248086 04/17/17 07:46 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
25th anniversary. Jason Montague and Jason O'Keefe were on the cruise from Barcelona. Both of them were very visible around the ship and had many dinners with guests.

Jason Montague held a town hall meeting. Many questions were asked that he answered as best he could. It has been very nice to have the chance to have him onboard.

Tonight Jason invited all our guests to a cocktail party which was very nice. We started Frolic with a cocktail party with Jason at Regent Headquarters and ended Frolic with a cocktail party with Jason on the Regent ship.

Time has passed quickly. Been a great cruise. Just one night to go.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248088 04/18/17 02:15 PM
Ken Offline
cruiser
cruiser
John Barron and Family - Christmas on the Explorer:

[Linked Image]
John, Lindsey, Ben & Luke.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248090 04/18/17 04:47 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
John Baron is an incredible cruise director. We had people coming to trivia not to play but to watch John "do his trivia thing". He makes trivia very special. He has so much energy and is always around in the coffee corner talking to people. He has made a huge difference on this trip so enjoyed having him for this frolic cruise. It was really special to see Lindsay his wife again and his two adorable boys. The youngest has tons of jokes and the oldest looks just like John. They both got different parts of their father.

Certainly will miss him anytime he is not on our cruises.

The entire staff have been spectacular. There are always standouts of course. Daniella is absolutely everywhere she is a star. Her assistant F&B Kate is also excellent. Both Michael and Andreas were really helpful GM's. In the dining rooms we had great service. I still do not know how they manage that huge menu in Compass Rose.

Very happy with the cruise. Still things that are being fixed on the ship. Just like a new house you have to live in it to figure out what needs attention. Lots of workers came on the ship today with a punch out list I am sure.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248092 04/19/17 03:18 AM
R
RachelG Offline
cruiser
cruiser
R
John's sons are so cute. The oldest looks like a mini-me of John. And Daniela is just the best F&b manager ever. So jealous of your great trip!

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248093 04/20/17 11:59 PM
Jim B Online
cruiser
cruiser
We are home!! Remember it is a 8 hour time difference to MDT. April 19th 10:35 am flight out of Venice. Had to be in Constellation theater at 6:45 am. Got to Billings Montana hotel at 10:30 pm.MDT
Looooooooong Day. Today the 20th left Billings and got to Miles City at 1:30 pm to officially finish the trip.
Wonderful cruise. Actually we were sorry it was over which is a positive comment on how much we enjoyed it.

Jim

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248094 04/21/17 04:43 AM
jhp Offline
cruiser
cruiser
See that big egg near the far right in Dribs photo above with white ribbons and little orange flowers? I found it smashed outside my cabin door on Easter night. I was putting out laundry and dry cleaning for the flight home, and there it was. Had heard a bit of ruckus when I was preparing the bags. I was sure they would think it was me, haha, so I called reception to let them know, and they mostly cleaned it up. Next day, my cabin attendants said they wondered what were all those little bits left around my cabin. I saw no balloon residue, but of course was not looking for that.

Rachel, you mentioned John and Lindsay Barron's boys. Believe me, they had the best time, and are perfectly well mannered, and so graciously and politely reply to all the compliments that come their way. You and I both have grown boys, I'm not sure my own would have quite known what to do with the attention at their age. I watched them many days at the pool deck playing in the pool; they were having so much fun together!

Had dinner one night with the Staff Captain, Marc, and Russ and spouses, and Marc's dad Chuck. If the ship thought for a minute that their wives Arlene and Susan would buffer him on either side, forget it! It was fun to watch the banter, and he said it was so much more fun than he thought it would be, facing those two across the table. He truly seemed to enjoy it, and we were still at the table after 10pm.

It was truly a wonderful cruise! Weather was not the best at the end. But no sense stewing over what you can't control.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: jhp] #248095 04/21/17 06:11 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I'm glad to hear the FROLICERs are home safe and sound.
We too are home from our MIA to MIA cruise as well and loved it. I'd highly recommend it if you have a chance to spend a couple days in Havana (2 nights would have been even better...so much to see and do,). It truly is like stepping back in time. It was such a hoot touring around in a '55 Pontiac convertible!

I couldn't agree more about Luke & Benjamin Barron being so well behaved. Luckily, we were able to stay on the ship and get a later departure from BCN to MIA so had a nice lunch with the 4 Barrons (pre-arranged). It was the first time we had seen Lynsay in years and first time meeting the boys.

I Love seeing your pictures Ken. Excellent as always! clap Thanks for taking the time to post them.
Olivia, that is sad about the smashed Easter chocolate egg. I can't imagine who would do such a thing, grrrrrr.

I can't believe we'll be in Amsterdam 4 weeks from today with our overnight layover (on purpose) in route to Cape Town. Between now and then I'm busy (actually overwhelmed) with my 50 year HS reunion.....should be a success with over 100 people yes RSVPs already.

Marcie

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248096 04/21/17 10:46 PM
A
Ajax Offline
cruiser
cruiser
A
Although it now seems forever since we disembarked in Barcelona (with much envy for those staying on to Venice), I want all to know what a fabulous time Penny and I had, with friends we have known for a long time and for new friends as well (Marcie, after corresponding for years now we finally met!). All critiques of the Explorer duly noted, but let's don't let perfect be the enemy of the good (in this case, the "great"). Food was incredible, D cabin was marvelous, rockin' seas were a nice challenge, but mostly our wonderful cruisemates made the trip one we will never forget. So happy trails to all of you...'til we meet again!
Tim and Penny

"Life is dull without a Cruise to look forward to!"
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248098 04/22/17 01:41 PM
cruisinfanatic Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We too are home after a wonderful day and evening in Venice at the Londra Palace Hotel....really nice, good location, wonderful and helpful front desk staff and a good rate that includes an amazing breakfast. Long long day traveling and our flight from JFK to Richmond was an hour late......just walked in the front door and fell into my pillow!! smiles The cruise was simply put, amazing, and we had the best time. So many good friends and loved meeting so many new people. Food was wonderful, we loved our F suite and would easily book one again, loved the ship and all of the alternate restaurants, as well as Compass Rose. Glad to be home though, and we fell right back into our community with the Spring Fling dinner dance last night.....although we left about a 1/2 hour early as we were falling asleep...haha. Today block party and 3 of the Grandkids overnight. Thanks Ngaire and Ken for a truly wonderful time.

JoAnn
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248101 04/22/17 11:26 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Someone asked me about a driving trip in New Zealand and I promised to send some information. Now I am home I am embarrassed to say I do not remember who asked me. A lot of people and a lot of talking on that cruise!!. If that person can email me I will send you the information I promised,

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248220 05/16/17 01:47 AM
drib Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Throwback (not too far back) Monday.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: drib] #248221 05/16/17 01:57 AM
Marc Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
drib, fantastic. I am so upset with myself with not taking time to meet with you onboard. By the time i figured out who you were, you were disembarking in Barcelona; maybe next time.

Again, thanks for a fantastic video.

Marc

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248222 05/16/17 03:22 AM
jhp Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Wow, what a video! I wish I had met you onboard, too!

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248224 05/16/17 06:31 AM
Lee Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Thanks for sharing your video - I loved it.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248228 05/16/17 04:13 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
That was very artistically done - loved it - thanks for sharing that.

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248229 05/16/17 04:35 PM
Ms Understood Offline
cruiser
cruiser
So clever, Dribs! I especially enjoyed the Jedi master as I believe we have met him 😜. And I will now be more aware of the droids I pass on the street without a second glance! Thanks for a very enjoyable video.
----------------------
Helen

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248233 05/17/17 05:34 PM
seadog Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Very cool, drib! Would it have been on "May the 4th" when you decided what music to use? wink! wink!

Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248244 05/18/17 09:03 PM
KarenS Offline
That was FUN!!

Karen

Live long and prosper
Re: FROLIC Seamail [Re: Marc] #248252 05/19/17 04:35 PM
Jim B Online
cruiser
cruiser
Wow that was great.
Just now saw it. clap clap

Jim