Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
7 registered members (Yallcruise, Ralph W., Ngaire, Davefr, DennisK, Jim B, 1 invisible), 816 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Any Experience with Sirena #246505 07/10/16 11:09 AM
USNA72 Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
We have sailed Oceania before (Marina only) and really enjoyed it. My Brother-in-Law and his wife really enjoy snorkeling so we've been trying to get them to French Polynesia for a long time. they are big Celebrity fans and like to get out of Wyoming in the middle of winter. Since they do not drink, Oceania seemed like a better option than PG. So when Sirena's schedule came out with a 12 day PPT-PPT in February, we thought that was perfect. Bottom line is that because of our recommendations we now have 10 family members booked on this sailing.

Then I started to see the early reviews (on that other board) about Sirena. They were (and remain) decidedly mediocre. While some of the negative reviews seem to reflect a lack of due diligence regarding stateroom size and such, many seem to be commenting on the general condition of the ship. Rationale has been provided that Princess did NOTHING to maintain the ship after the sale was negotiated and therefore O's refurb process was behind before it even started. We are all in C1 suites (yes, I know they are small by Regent/Silversea standards) and I am looking for anyone who has been on Sirena that might be able to offer some other perspectives of the ship.

Thanks,
Greg

Destiny&RCCL Mariner&RSSC Mariner Carib, Navigator AK, Navigator Canal, PG Tahiti B2B, Voyager Baltic, Mariner AKL-LA, Voyager MC-Dover,
PG PPT-Fiji,Navigator Med B2B2B, Cloud Norway, BCN-DXB Mariner, MIA-BUE Mariner, YVR-TOY Shadow, AKL-PPT Marina
Re: Any Experience with Sirena [Re: USNA72] #250325 06/06/18 04:51 PM
R
ReneR Offline
cruiser
cruiser
R
We have been on Insignia. Around the world. And several times on Sirena. Going on Sirena this summer for 85 days. Love the little ships. Food is the best on the ocean.

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers