Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (Davefr, Yallcruise, Ralph W., Ngaire, DennisK, Jim B), 1,009 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Culinary Center #243886 03/13/15 10:52 AM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser
I am sure you are all getting the "news" about the Explorer. Just in-case you have not heard here are the highlights.

They are getting a Culinary Arts Kitchen with eighteen individual cooking stations for cooking classes. I am delighted with that news.

New French restaurant will be called Charteuse.

One more restaurant to be announced I bet that has an Asian influence.

Penthouse Suites will only have a shower - no bathtub.

Re: Culinary Center [Re: Ngaire] #243888 03/13/15 06:37 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Thanks Ngaire.

I'm SHOCKED that they won't have both a shower and a bathtub in the Penthouse Suites. This sounds like a step backwards to me.

I hope they leave F2's with both a shower and a tub depending on our preference of the day..?

Marcie

Re: Culinary Center [Re: Ngaire] #243893 03/14/15 07:17 AM
Ngaire Online OP
cruiser
OP Online
cruiser
All is set with the other cabins F1 and up. Bathtub and Shower.

I was surprised too and we had to advise everyone booked in the PH that there would be no bathtub. Everyone booked was fine with that. There is no doubt the shower is the most popular choice that has been proven on the Mariner. BUT there are bath people (I am one of those) and if I was upgraded to a PH without a tub I would decline the upgrade.

It just complicates things so much. The Mariner is always an issue we all forget about the choice of the Bathtub or Shower option. Hate to admit how many times I have to call back a client - bathtub or shower? I often get my cabin at the last minute and on the Mariner I am always worried it will be a shower. Since the showers are the most popular the cabins left usually have bathtubs so I am usually fine. Though I do remember getting on my hands and knees to Linda begging her to trade with me -she had a bathtub I had a shower. She willing did so she does not like bathtubs.

I had imagined that problem would not be present on the Explorer and it would be like the Navigator and Voyager - both shower and bathtub in every cabin.

Only thing I can imagine is they have designed a luxurious PH bathroom and the choice was give up this "design" for a bathtub or do a shower only.

Re: Culinary Center [Re: Ngaire] #243917 03/15/15 03:42 PM
PaulM Offline
cruiser
cruiser
No bathtub? Just bring soap to the hot tubs. Thinking outside the box....

Maddy & Paul

_ ____________ _

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Re: Culinary Center [Re: Ngaire] #243918 03/15/15 03:43 PM
PaulM Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I better take Maddy off the signature line for that last post. Paul

Re: Culinary Center [Re: Ngaire] #243932 03/16/15 03:09 PM
KarenS Offline
A picture of the culinary center that came in an email today and also a picture of Meridian Lounge and the Chartreuse restaurant

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Karen

Live long and prosper

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers