Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
7 registered members (Yallcruise, Ralph W., Ngaire, Davefr, DennisK, Jim B, 1 invisible), 816 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Army PFC Donald C. Durfee, KIA, Chosin Reservoir returns home #240783 03/08/14 02:13 PM
Ray Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser

Although this video does not cover a cruise, it does cover a journey of a young man killed in action during the Korean War and warmly embraces man's thoughtfulness and respect for his fellow man.

PFC Durfee and his military brethrens fought against overwhelming odds as well as horrible winter weather conditions during fighting at the Chosin Reservoir. He was killed in action on Dec. 2, 1950--19 years young. His remains were recovered in 1954 and later interred as an "unknown" U.S. soldier in the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. He was identified last November and brought home last Tuesday and buried last Thursday. There are no local family members, but dozens of veterans and others attended Thursday's burial service in Ohio.

A friend from a local post of the American Legion asked that I take some photos/video to cover the "homecoming." I'm glad he asked. It was a heart-warming experience.
Video = PFC Durfee

Re: Army PFC Donald C. Durfee, KIA, Chosin Reservoir returns home [Re: Ray] #240787 03/08/14 08:09 PM
G
gf Offline
cruiser
cruiser
G
Ray,
I'm just overwhelmed! Thank you so much for doing this! It's beautiful!

We all need to be reminded of our veterans' sacrifices for us; I'm afraid nowadays many don't.

More later..........

Another Kathy

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers