Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (RachelG, Ngaire, Jim B, seadog, 1 invisible), 763 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215382 04/08/10 11:18 AM
pkd Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
I have had a really nice exchange of information with Alon at Guided Tours Israel and wanted to give others the contact information in case you are interested in private touring in Israel. The website is http://www.guidedtoursisrael.com and there are contact forms there, or you can email info@guidedtoursisrael.com.

My husband and I were hoping to be able to combine a tour from Ashdod to both Masada and Jerusalem, but because of early closings on Fridays it didn't work out. Still, Alon gave it his best effort and was very patient with my many questions, so I thought I would do him the favor of posting contact information here.

Alon mentioned that he has small group tours, with six to 10 people, forming from the Voyager for Ashdod to Jerusalem and for Haifa to the Biblical north sites. The prices he quoted me were very reasonable. Feel free to message me privately if you want more information.

Editing to say that I can't get that link to work, but if you type in the address it works. Not enough of a techie to find a solution.

Priscilla
Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215383 04/08/10 03:28 PM
cruisinfanatic Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Nice info Priscilla. We booked Regent tours for Asdod and Haifa, which were both free I think, will have to check. But, always interested in info that might make those tours better.

So would be interested in the info you have.

JoAnn
Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215384 04/09/10 05:18 AM
pkd Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
JoAnn, I don't know whether the tours Alon is forming are LCT people or otherwise, but they are from the Voyager. Alon quoted a price of $99 per person from Haifa to the Biblical north sites and just slightly more ($115, I think but will look back to be sure) for Jerusalem from Ashdod port.

If we didn't want to see Masada so much, which is possible only from Ashdod, we would be very tempted to take at least one of these already-forming tours just for the flexibility of a small group.

Priscilla
Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215385 04/09/10 08:37 AM
Ray Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Hi Priscilla:

A good morning so far although we had some snow pellets fall earlier this a.m.

However got a non-stop flight from Venice to Paris following TUT for a total of $144 ....yep, that's a total for two on EasyJet!

And we have our reservation in for private tours of Haifa & Ashdod with Alon at Guided Tours of Israel.

Cheers! Ray & Penny

Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215386 04/09/10 09:07 AM
cruisinfanatic Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Frank decided he wanted to do the "Herod's Dream" Caesarea Maritime tour in Haifa, so that is what we booked.
For Asdod, we picked the day in Jerusalem & Bethlehem, which is about 4 hours too long for me, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do it. Both those were free, so we just went with them.

JoAnn
Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215387 04/09/10 11:35 AM
pkd Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Ray, you got a good deal with EasyJet! (Have you checked the baggage fees? Even at the worst, you've got a good deal.)

JoAnn, the problem is that Isreal has interesting things around every corner, apparently! We're going to a really fascinating place, which of course is very good.

Priscilla
Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215388 04/09/10 11:38 AM
cruisinfanatic Offline
cruiser
cruiser
True, so true Priscilla. I am so excited for this trip, and for sure going to see the Pyramids was the deciding factor (I know they are in Egypt not Isreal LOL) and so many exotic places in one trip.

JoAnn
Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215389 04/09/10 12:29 PM
Ray Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Hi Priscilla:

Good ol Penny found the EasyJet deal and yes, we were very concerned about fees we could incur but if we play our cards right with the luggage, I think we'll be just fine and dandy.

The people that will be on this cruise and some of the ports that we'll visit makes it sooooo anticipatory.

Cheers! Ray & Penny

Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215390 04/09/10 12:38 PM
pkd Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Ray and Penny, you are so right. This is going to be a wonderful cruise.

The nice thing about booking a flight to Paris is that you are in PARIS at the end! Are you staying there for a day or two? Actually, you got me to looking at EasyJet to see if we could link up with an American flight in Paris or elsewhere to get back to DFW on the 17th. Not to be, though. Right now we are booked Venice to Madrid to Dallas on the 18th (using miles), and it's not looking good for getting out of Venice on the 17th. Oh well, make me spend an extra day in Venice. Just make me!

Also, I forgot to say earlier: Good for you on booking the Guided Tours Israel tours you wanted! If they are as nice on the ground as Alon was in helping me, you'll have a great time.

JoAnn, seeing the Pyramids is going to be spectacular!

Priscilla
Re: TUT -- Private Touring Company in Israel #215391 04/09/10 12:53 PM
Ray Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Priscilla:

Yes, Alon is very easy to work with. Told him today we don't want to go to any 5-Star rest.for lunch in Haifa or Ashdod but where average Israeli Joe goes to eat good Israeli food. I've enjoyed corresponding with him.

On Tuesday, Oct. 19, Avalon Waterways takes us in tow. Here's the link:

http://www.avalonwaterways.com/product.aspx?content=itin&trip=0WPP

Cheers! Ray & Penny

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers