Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
7 registered members (Yallcruise, Ralph W., Ngaire, Davefr, DennisK, Jim B, 1 invisible), 811 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Greetings from Florida #108108 06/02/04 01:57 PM
C
captiva Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
C
Greetings to Everyone from Sunny Florida

So glad I found this wonderful board!

Yes---we live in beautiful Sarasota BUT relocated
here from New Jersey. We left our hometown in Nov. 2001 (never lived anywhere else----lived in the same town FOREVER), our high stress jobs and searched for a NEW Life without ice and snow!!!!! We truly live in Paradise !

I have been on 20 cruises and my Husband has been on 19. I had to practically drag him on his first cruise----BUT we boarded the ship and he announced "I really LOVE this" so I knew he was HOOKED !!!! We have tried most cruise lines but our favorite is Seabourn, next being Radisson and then Crystal.

We have one four legged stubborn child---MacKenzie- a Cairn Terrier and a very smart Parrot named Max. Both keep us on our toes yet very much amused.

We have not planned a cruise yet for 2005 as we have both found FUN jobs at a beautiful Beach Club here (is associated with a Hotel that has the initials of RC) BUT we will definitely be on the High Seas sometime in 2005.

Thanks again for all the great discussions and info that is shared here.

Re: Greetings from Florida #108109 06/02/04 10:02 PM
Masaki Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Welcome captiva! Hope to see a lot of you on the board!

Masaki

Re: Greetings from Florida #108110 06/03/04 02:13 AM
B
Barbara Offline
cruiser
cruiser
B
Hi Captiva, welcome aboard. we look forward to seeing you either on a cruise or perhaps at an west coast (florida) lct get-together. i am just imagining mackenzie and max, do they get along and play together? which did you have first? aren't our 'kids' fun?!

Re: Greetings from Florida #108111 06/03/04 04:54 AM
C
captiva Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
C
Yes--our 'kids' are fun! We had Max first--he is 12 years old. He is an excellent talker so we 'must' watch our conversations around him. We adopted MacKenzie (he was an abused rescue) and he is now 7 years old. MacKenzie has grown into a very loving, friendly but stubborn companion despite his early misfortune in life. I don't let them play together but Max does talk to MacKenzie quite a bit and I hold MacKenzie up to see Max. We have never had any 'incidents' so I guess they are happy with that safe arragement.
As you can tell--it is never a dull moment around here!

Re: Greetings from Florida #108112 06/03/04 04:36 PM
ITravelNow Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Hi Captiva...I guess we're neighbors - welcome to LCT. We have a small group of RSSC cruisers that meet for dinner once in a while. If you'd like to join us, let me know. We'd love to meet you!

I haven't been over to see the Beach Club connected with the "RC" yet. How's it going?

Margo
Re: Greetings from Florida #108113 06/03/04 06:21 PM
southernlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Welcome Captiva!
20 cruises? I'm envious!
I think it's great when people think their jobs are fun. Care to share what you do at "RC"?
Looking forward to more of your posts.

Donna

I write about active travel for baby boomers: www.myitchytravelfeet.com
Re: Greetings from Florida #108114 06/07/04 07:50 PM
C
captiva Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
C
Margo
Your dinner group sounds wonderful---we would love to join you!
The Beach Club is absolutely gorgeous---both the pool and beach areas are now quite busy. It is a beautiful environment to go to each day. Construction has begun on the RC Residences on Ben Franklin---completion is scheduled for Fall 2005.

Donna
Yes--we do LOVE cruising and enjoyed all 20 cruises.
My FUN job at RC is assisting Guests at the pool and beach area---sounds more glamorous than it actually is! My Husband is a Guest driver. Additionally, he hosts a weekly sunrise search(with RC Guests) for sea turtle nests on our Beach. These nests must be found and protected throughout the nesting season (May 1 to Nov. 1) and is conducted in partnership with Mote Marine Laboratory here in Sarasota. Yes-- Sarasota is a great place to live and work and we enjoy it so much!

Re: Greetings from Florida #108115 06/07/04 08:18 PM
southernlady Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Captiva, your jobs do sound fun and so do your surroundings. It's great to live and work in a place you love! I knew about turtle programs on the east coast in South Carolina and Georgia. It's great that RC (and your husband) are involved with saving the turtles too.

Donna

I write about active travel for baby boomers: www.myitchytravelfeet.com
Re: Greetings from Florida #108116 06/12/04 03:57 PM
Bette Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Hello
I am just curious - have you tried Silverseas. I hear so many wonderful things about the line. Of the luxury ships we have been on Crystalonce and on RSSC three times. We prefer RSSC but are tempted to try SS for our next cruise

Re: Greetings from Florida #108117 06/14/04 03:57 PM
jgnaip Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Bette: Try it, you'll love it!! We've done three cruises with them and there is nothing that isn't wonderful. RSSC is our fav but for a "special" occasion, SSC is it!

Jean

"Never pass up an opportunity
to go for a joyride"

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers