On November 12, 2004, a number of us experienced a "happening" on a Mexican Riviera Cruise. All of us expected it to be a fun cruise filled with laughter and a gathering of a bouquet of new friends. Our expectations were exceeded. Want to see why... http://ray-penny.smugmug.com/Vacati...e/5454637_NDxNmP#1582047579_jGgzRfM-L-LB
MINT is "Mariner November 12"
Nov, 12 Fri - Los Angeles
Nov. 13-14 Sat & Sun - Sea Day
Nov. 15. Mon - Mazalan
Nov. 16 Tue. - Puerto Vallarta
Nov. 17 Wed. - Cabo San Lucas-cancelled a/c weather
Nov. 18 Thur. - Sea Day
Nov. 19 Fri - Los Angeles
How about a laugh from those good natured cruisers who couldn't cruise MINT and therefore made up their own humorous acronyms:
I am a MINT "SNOB"......Suzie not on board.
For the rest of us "left-behinders" on LCT:
SO NOT ON BOARD!
You guys are all are experiencing your own cruise: S.A.R.S (Staying At Residence Sucks!) think you'll be with us in spirit!
Top 5 list of things to do while we are left home alone.
5. Run with scissors
4. Drink milk out of the carton
3. Spell Ngaire's name wrong in all our posts.
(Niree, Nagair, Nagerie)
2 Call Brown and Keene and ask if they have
Prince Albert in a can
1. Have a teapot contest to give ourselves a
name. We can find a really macked out
tea set like this Silver Imperial Tea Service made by Faberg� for Czar Alexander III in 1880:
How about SCUM
Unable to do
It's true...I'm SCUM.
My mother is so proud.
Some of us non-MINTers may want to MOAN.
Neglected (just teasing)
I came up with a game - WISH (Why I Stayed Home)
1. I've already cruised 16 days this year
2. I am going on PIP Next year
3. No more money for a cruise now
4. I've gotta work sometimes
5. Somebody has to keep posting on LCT
6. Bar Set up in my room is not included
7. No Butler service - no stateroom here
8. No dogsitter available......
Top Ten Reasons why I missed MINT:
10: I've spent so much time on CC and LCT that I forgot to book it.
9: I had to sell my house to afford my last cruise, and we're still trying to get out of the shelter.
8: I tried to sell my body to afford MINT, but there were no takers.
7: Due to my last cruise, I can't fit into any of my formal dresses.
6: DH can't find the Tuxedo T-Shirt that he wears on Formal Nights.
5: Ran out of bubble wrap to smuggle booze on board...oh wait, that was on Celebrity!
4: Couldn't decide between MINT and PARTY, so I decided to pick a daisy to help me choose, but since it's Fall now I couldn't find any.
3: Used up all my vacation time in Mexico.
2: Drank so many margaritas in Mexico that the ground still feels like it's rocking...so I thought I WAS on a cruise.
And the number one reason:
1: I thought it had something to do with Altoids, which just has a BAAAD connotation....
Top ten WISHes (Why I Stayed Home)
10. The laundry pile has reached hazmat status
9. Gary has TDD (tennis deficit disorder)
8. I have ADD (Aviation Dread Disease)
7. The grandbabies are up in arms about their favorite cookie supplier's excessive absences;
6. The accumulated mail has become a fire hazard
5. I need at LEAST three months to get my buff bod back after China .. and all that spare Halloween candy isn't helping!!
4. The mailman has filed for disability after lugging all my held mail to the doorstep
3. SOMEONE's got to hold down the LCT fort
2. Duty has called again; and
The number one reason I'm staying home ...
1. The pets have whiplash from the number of trips they've been taking to the petsitter already this fall
I have only 2 WISH'es (Why I stayed Home)
2. I won a cruise and work wouldn't let me off!
1. I still haven't won the lottery and darn it all still have to work for a living!
Now...if number 1 changes, number 2 doesn't really matter.
OK guys....I give up. Cannot think of one clever reason nor any cute acronym (never mind a top ten list!)for why we're staying home and not going on MINT!
So, not only am I sadly not sailing (SNS?)but I'm also currently unclever (CUC?)
B! I'm SNS also and permanently CUC, or is that...PUC?