Final day in Visby. Took a tour but the guide constantly talked and we were all standing and listening. She would not stop and go into the town. I am sure some like the detailed history lesson but I knew a couple of my people have trouble standing. Walking okay but just standing is not comfortable.

So there six of us in our group and we all bailed as soon as we could do so gracefully “ to go shopping”. Actually we did go shopping and Janice bought a fantastic jacket. The church had just closed for a funeral and we missed it by about five minutes.

There are ruins of a very old and large church. Really quite remarkable. Lots of little shops and restaurants. A real village. Not just a tourist old town.

Nice little place but we were ready to go back in about an hour. The Regent shuttle was on a lunch break so we asked a different shuttle from a different ship and he let us on. We were back and I am sure that guide was still talking.

[Linked Image]

The new church. The town was not crowded which was nice as you can see. The people in the picture are my group.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The church ruin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]