Greetings LCT'rs!!

Paul and I have booked a trip to Bora Bora in May and are looking for your opinions & suggestions.

We're flying Business on Air France (cabin configuration is Business, Premium Economy & Economy). Seat layout is 1-2-1 and I've booked seats one in front of the other. Thoughts on this airline and the biz product overall on AF (or on this route LAX/PPT) if you have first hand experience. This ticket gets us into the Korean Air lounge at LAX (any good?) and am I correct it will get us into some lounge at the PPT airport?

We will be staying at the Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa in a "diamond" category OWB. Anyone have any experience at this property? Or OWB's in general? Pros/cons - any insight is helpful.

We are booking a Jet Ski tour, a 4 Wheel Drive tour and a Snorkel with the Sharks and Rays tour but beyond that just plan on sitting on our patio or by the pool relaxing (read cocktailing). Am I missing any "must do" excursions or are any that I've selected a "must avoid?" Paul will be on the heels of opening two restaurants and a bakery so he will be emotionally and physically exhausted come May, so he is pretty much going to want to sit quietly somewhere with a Mai Tai in hand (do you see a theme here?!?).

I'm reading mixed reviews about Bloody Mary's but am still inclined to reserve a table. Has anyone been?

Reef shoes are on the list as well as plenty of sunscreen and a freshly loaded Kindle. Anything you wish you had brought but forgot? Anything that you brought that you wish you forgot?

I know many of you are former PG cruisers and although we're taking a land based vacation, your overall insight and experiences would be of much value to me.

Finally, tipping in FP is a much bandied about topic. Some say it is insulting, others say FP has become so Westernized that tipping is now the norm. Thoughts and experiences?

I'm the researcher and planner, Paul just wants me to point him in the general direction and give him a gentle shove. So I'm in my pre-trip element - anything you can contribute is very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Robert

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.
-Thoreau